Thread: This Has Always Bothered Me LOL....

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

This Has Always Bothered Me LOL....

What makes you start replying to a thread but then stop?

The past few weeks im seeing this happen more and more, someone will start to reply to a thread, presumably typing out their response, only to not actually post in the thread they are replying to, was just curious to see what reasons you folks had for doing this?

Regards,

Lee

Guilty.

Sometimes I stick my nose into a discussion it doesn't belong, and then I realize I don't want to get sucked in and just delete.

A couple of times I started to vent... then decided that it was inappropriate and deleted.

I'll bet that those would be two common reasons.

Mary
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    What she said, or just simply no time to get into the drama, that a response might generate, so many are so touchy these days, :argue: it just isn't worth the effort
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Agreed.

I think all of the changes in the economy over the past year, regardless of how well one's business is or is not doing, are causing a lot of people to sort of rethink their priorities.

Getting into fights with pissy people just isn't worth the hassle, particularly when the benefits of posting seem more and more to be outweighed by the negatives. And it's unfortunate.

I think Mary's comments are right on the money and match my own experiences.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Chip,

Did you get my PM from earlier?

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I walk off and forget to finish or I give up trying to make my point because I write and re-write my response and get frustrated it's not sounding the way I want it to

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I find myself replying to something and realizing I'm getting too involved with it for my comfort, maybe even my reputation (ha!) and also because it is taking too much of my time. I could spend most of my time on boards like this because I love communication. Sometimes I write so much that I decide to erase it to spare all.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I have read a lot on here from all of the various threads. I have noticed off the wall topics being posted. Then a reply to it. The original poster just disappears. I've noticed as well that someone will reply to a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread and it takes a turn for something else than the origination of the thread. I see others posting here just to be posting with absolutely nothing to say. I am with you Lee. It's very weird. I think some feel they got in too deep and backed away. Some don't know what to say. Some just disappear. Kind of strange, but semi understandable.