Thread: Those Of You Who Do Not Have Signatures...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Those Of You Who Do Not Have Signatures...

I was curious to know why you didnt have something in your sig to make money, even if it is just a referral code to one of our regular community members sites or even Condom Cash webmaster referral program?

I never really understood why people without sigs didnt put anything in there, especially given the state of the industry today, affiliates are ALWAYS on the lookout for a new program to promote and if they happen to see one in your sig, the chances are you could build up a nice referral downline

So, those of you with nothing in your signature, why dont you have anything in there?

Regards,

Lee

Not only that but I really try to steer clear of threads started by someone who only has a nickname and cartoonish avatar with no sites or company listed. I like to know the person I'm communicating with really is part of this business in a legit way.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I dont know why but I just don't have a sig.
    At one time I used to have like 3-4 things in my sig but then took them down
    And I've only recently started check boards again...

Though soon someone will be in my sig, just don't know when soon is! :luke:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Not only that but I really try to steer clear of threads started by someone who only has a nickname and cartoonish avatar with no sites or company listed. I like to know the person I'm communicating with really is part of this business in a legit way.
    I agree with you to a point however, i think a lot of people are afraid of putting some of their sites in their sigs/profiles because a LOT of others will simply rip them off word for word, and not just newer webmasters, there are people in the biz still right now who have previously and are currently known for 'borrowing' other peoples work without permission.

Thankfully they dont post on GWW though as they know they arent welcome here

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I created a signature but it does not work.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    oh. now it does. nevermind. Sorry!

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I make my money by selling to surfers - I'm generally deeply suspicious of sigs.

If I had a good sponsor, one that converted well for me, the last fucking thing in the world I want is to share that info with other webmasters.

Therefore, by definition, anything you see in a sig is something the sigger thinks HE will make money off of, not something that I will make money off of. He puts a shit sponsor in his sig, one with a good payout for him, wether or not it converts.

I don't have anything B2B of my own I want to sell to other webmasters, which is the only thing I trust in a sig - again, because my business philosophy has been to make money off of surfers, not webmasters.

One can never fully trust any B2B promo either - by definition, unless I am seeking out a b2b service, the b2b promoter wants to take my money, so if he is pushing his b2b, I get suspicious.

I figure the fact that I don't use sigs indicates I'm a serious working profitable webmaster, not a board whore.

Boards such as GWW (meaning the good ones) serve many important purposes for a variety of people in this biz. I've seen a thread on this before, and only to summarize, this diversity is what makes a healthy, active and useful board. Some are here as experienced webmasters and producers, paysite owners, advertising agents, affiliates, new to the biz and learning, and so forth.

Being the last two on that list, I spent most of this year in a learning curve that's like I'm back in college taking not 5 but 20 courses per semester. Anyone can put up a blog/site in a day or hour if they wish. Not my style. In fact, I might qualify as the world's slowest person to get my sites up in The Guinness Book of Records. They just aren't ready yet but are getting closer. What should/could I put in a sig at this point?

At first I hesitated to even sign up, read, or join GWW and other boards because I thought I might not be welcome for this reason. Then the owners and some members I wrote to assured me that I did belong, so here I am. :high:

All I'm hearing is noise. It's all very incomprehensible.

I question the motives and am always suspicious of anyone who doesn't reveal who they are with a simple identifier in their sig.

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Simply put I don't have anything to sell here.. yet. If I had something to offer which could be of interest to other webmasters I would probably add a sig. Right now my target are surfers.

I also don't like to signpost me and my stuff on boards. Not because there's something to hide or because I'm shy or whatever. It's because the majority on any kind of board are lurkers who don't contribute. It's the same reason why I don't hang a rainbow flag from my window. It's just not everybody's business to know more (or everything) about me, just to satisfy curiosities.

Ask and you'll be answered. Until this I maintain some kind of anonymity like most board members do. And if all that makes me suspicious.. well, maybe that's your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by attis View Post
    And if all that makes me suspicious.. well, maybe that's your loss.
    Unfortunately, I agree. The trade I am learning is promoting paysites to make them and me money...because we both need each other. I rather like that.