Thread: Affiliate Programs Closing Down....

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Affiliate Programs Closing Down....

When an affiliate program closes down or 'suspends' their operations indefinitely, how long do you wait before removing all of their links?

We just got the email that another program (FierceDog) has closed its door earlier after having gone to a GoDaddy landing page for the last few days and im wondering if the fact it had a landing page showing on the domain should have been enough warning for people to remove their links or if you actually do wait until you get 'official' notification that a program is closing?

I know the site owners have been trying to sell for about a month or two im guessing those searches for a buyer were unsuccessfull (primarily due to the asking price)

Regards,

Lee

Assuming you're in business to make money the content and links should be taken down first chance you get. The last thing you need is surfers clicking on links from your site that go to a Godaddy landing page.

Some people might take down the links and leave the affiliate content up as filler but that's tacky and infringes on the content owners copyright. Last thing you want is to be making money on something they are trying to sell and have them file a claim against you. common Common sense, common courtesy and businsess 101 :bush:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

is fiercedog done? anyone have their contact info? I am always keen on discussing buyout options.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    is fiercedog done? anyone have their contact info? I am always keen on discussing buyout options.
    Luke,

The figure they were opening negotiations with was crazy for a buyout, $XXX,XXX minimum.

Regards,

Lee

if the numbers justify a 6-figure buyout, I am still interested
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

FierceDog.com

Hello,

Yes, we did pull the site down.

We sent a letter out to all our affiliates telling them that our was going offline for now.

Yes, we are accepting bids right now for the content.

You can email me directly in your are genuinely interested or have question.

This was a fun project for our team and we have made some good friends and met some very cool people. I appreciate all the time and effort our affilates put into pushing sales our way.

Cheers, Jesse
    Jesse
    Managing Director
    Fierce Dog Media Corp.

FierceDog.com
    http://affiliate.fiercedog.com
    http://fiercedog.com
    http://store.fiercedog.com