Thread: Uh Oh... Windows 7

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Uh Oh... Windows 7

So Paul and i were talking last night and he informed me he just installed Windows 7, which promptly led me to wanting to upgrade the problem is, its a Windows OS upgrade, so far he says that he hasnt had any issues with it but before i take the leap of faith, have any of you folks upgraded yet and if so, any issues i should know about before doing the same?

Regards,

Lee

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    upgrade vom Leopard to Snow Leopard was without any issues
    :-D

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I've always heard that *upgrading* one Windows version to another is a kludge. I have heard of a few problems with people going from XP to Win7, and what most people recommend is doing a fresh install; apparently you can buy an upgrade version of Win7 and then insert your CD of XP when it asks to verify you have a valid copy. But I haven't tried myself yet

Leopard to Snow Leopard was beeyootiful!

Upgrading to Windows 7 was an all-day ordeal.
    Someone recommended that i do a system wipe and then install from scratch and I'm glad I did. It took ages but it was a clean install.

Others have been having issues with the upgrade.

Things seem to have sped up on my HP laptop - looks like a lot of the gears that had to churn in the background on Vista have been fixed.

Although, keep in mind that 7 is really just another step towards what Vista was supposed to be. So, really, its a service pack... they are just making you pay for it.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Mary,

Did you upgrade your HP netbook or an actual HP laptop?

Im on a HP laptop so thats what ill be running the upgrade on.

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    im using the RC version of Win7 on a machine built summer of 08 with no significant problems. Using photoshop, dreamweaver and software that's not widely used. Final version should be even better

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i dont want to upgrade before i have to buy a new computer to use then it will come installed and i will learn it then

How long have you been gay?
    The only trouble I had was that my 64bit laptop somehow installed the 32 bit version leaving me with a gig of ram that I couldn't use. The "Anytime Upgrade" doesn't allow you to swap from 32 to 64bit. In the end, I had to use my vista restore disk, reinstall Vista then run the upgrade disc again this time weeding through the folders to make sure I myself ran the 64bit update. Did a clean install, and got it to work.

Since that little hiccup, 7 64bit has run flawlessly. 32bit did also, but I need my ram! Others I'm heard of doing the install over Vista say it works pretty well, but that it's a little slower then they expected. Hope this helps!