Thread: Does It Annoy You When Projects Get Delayed Because Of Others?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Does It Annoy You When Projects Get Delayed Because Of Others?

For example, we've currently been waiting 2 weeks to get a new program launched because the designer we've been using has suddenly had major timing issues in getting the remaining promo tools we need completed, in addition, we have another project we've been working on for the last 6 months that is literally days away from completion.... Once the programmer fixes up our last list of bugs.

The one thing i really hate about online work is that more often than not, we're so dependant on others to get things finished on their end before we can actually complete a project and, its not like we're able to just 'change' these designers or programmers half way through a project otherwise the delays would be even longer.

Does anyone else find having delays due to third-parties you work with annoying when you know the projects you are working on will be profitable?

Regards,

Lee

You have to learn to relax and accept that time-delays almost always happen, especially in this biz.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Oh. My. God. I can relate to that topic

We are now in the 9th month of what should have been a two month project. It was and is a pretty large undertaking. The first developer was a great guy but probably took on more than he was really capable of doing. That and he had various personal and professional things that happened that slowed the development down. Finally, he ended up taking on another job that was to be a small part time thing and morphed into a large project, squeezing out time for ours.

Fortunately, our payment arrangements were to pay very little up front, so we were able to switch the project to another developer... who ended up rewriting much of the code, since the first developer apparently didn't have the chops to develop an applicaiton that would scale.

With luck, the project that should have been in beta in April will be in beta 2nd week of December.

We've had similar things with designers, particularly Filipino ones... there are always a million excuses, including -- my favorite -- a designer's mother being in the hospital after having died two months previously.(!) Again, since we don't pay up front, we don't get burned financially, but sometimes getting burned timewise is even more serious.

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Well, mostly I'm the biggest source of delays when it comes to projects. So until I've managed to work within some time frame myself, I don't start complaining about others.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Well, that all the time happens in this biz as it happens in others. My slogan is if you can't change it, just accept it
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Work local, supervise close, and don't pay until you see the whites of their eyes.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    yes it does!!!!!

i had to wait 3 weeks for a design for my first paysite before i could put anything up because the designer had a death in the family i know it wasnt there fault but it was real annoying

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    because the designer had a death in the family
    Filipino designer by chance? I can only think of one I've worked with who *didn't* claim to have had a death in the family at some point when I was working with them... always conveniently at a time when something was due to be delivered. No offense to those who legitimately do have family illness or deaths, but it just amazes me how often that excuse is used by Phillipines designers.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    as in construction you have to plan for delays and/or if need be you'll have to call the "drywall crew" back after the "electrical crew" breaks down their new wall so they can wire ... I'm feeling alot love at this jobsite!

jim