Thread: Digital Rights Management

BDBionic

Digital Rights Management

Protecting your multimedia - namely video.

Granted, MS DRM encoding isn't available for Mac. So there is at present a certain, albeit small, portion of computer users for whom it wouldn't be an option.

But for those of you operating sites that present video content to surfers,

1. Do you use DRM to protect your files? Make them downloadable yet only accessible for the duration of a person's membership to your site, for instance.

2. Do you offer streaming alone yet with plans to present downloadable DRMed clips in the future?

3. Do you offer downloadable sans DRM and have no plans to implement DRM?

4. Do you offer both DRMed downloadable with streaming for Mac users or those who choose to view streaming as opposed to downloading?

Thoughts? Insight? Observations? Nudes?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know in all honesty i dont see the value of DRM when it comes to protecting content.

The way i see it, its my job to market my sites, once a surfer is inside any of my sites i am more than willing to let them distribute certain movies to their 'buddies' if that is what they want to.

In fact, if they asked i would even make some clips for them that they could freely distribute web wide

See the thing is, al of our movies are watermarked with the DILF logo and url on them so, as long as they keep sharing the movies that they think are good in their own circle of friends then im gaining traffic that i may not hav otherwise received to the sites.

By utlizing DRM on the other hand, it makes my initial marketing efforts harder as i not only have to worry about making sure the DRM solution we used works all of the time but i have to work a little bit harder in gaining additional surfer traffic to the sites.

Just my thoughts on it anyway and i honestly havent used it or done any significant background work on DRM so if i am off the ball here please do tell me

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I'm of the belief that money made off of people directed to the site by freely floating file watermarks isn't enough to offset money lost by committed freeloaders, p2p network users, etc having no incentive to buy. =/

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Agreed Brian but from a practical standpoint the addition costs of implementing DRM on paysites is not going to be something that everyone can afford so watermarking is going to be the most practical measure people take

Regards,

Lee