Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words You Avoid When Choosing Domain Names

Words You Avoid When Choosing Domain Names

I find I avoid certain words when picking out a new Adult domain name. I usually skip past domains beginning with:
    1. dirty (I don't view sex as something "dirty")
    2. naughty (just doesn't fit Gay -- kinda ok for Str8)
    3. nasty
    4. my (ex: my cocksucking boyfriends)

Do you have ones you avoid, or ones you think really rock for a domain title?

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    "boy" - namecheap has issues with renewing domains that carry that wort/part of word in the domain name, but not issues with registering them.

Words like boycott, flamboyant, boysenberry trigger their filters according to namecheap...
    :-D

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    See, im actually the opposite of you with 'nasty' and 'dirty' LOL

Lately i have been using a lot more words such as those in domain names, especially when registering 3-word combo names, i think it just makes the domain sound more explicit and taboo.

Regards,

Lee

Two others I usually avoid:
    5. The (starts with)
    and
    6. young (anywhere in name)

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    most definetly I avoid boy/underage/etc. and/or anything racial/social/etc. derogatory ( n*gger/nazi/etc. ) , I try to keep clear of other people's names though one of my "twilight type" sites has a vampire character name. ( interpreted: it was available so I took it! ) I also try to keep clear of xxxtreme language ( interpreted: I'm too much of a gentleman to even type them here! ) though I do have some xxxtreme content.

jim

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Agree with a few of you
    I avoid boy and young as well

Only recently did I even start promoting sites as an affiliate that had boy or young in domain name or g**gle site description

I wouldn't use a domain name with the big 7 either

shit
    piss
    fuck
    cunt
    cocksucker
    motherfucker
    tits

(RIP GC)

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

I might be wrong but...

I am not a big fan us puss.

Like "suck my cock puss"

Not hot for me.
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB View Post
    I am not a big fan us puss.

Like "suck my cock puss"

Not hot for me.
    Barf! I never heard of that.

Domains should be concise and potent, and I perceive "hot" as rather generic and meaningless. That said, I'm a hypocrite and used it in my main blog hotsmoothdudes (which I can't wait to show you, should be up within this coming month. so excited!). But it enabled me to get a .com and keep "smoothdudes".

Lee (owner of GWW), you once mentioned "stop"(?) words or something, to be avoided in domain names. They're mostly prepositions, like the, and, by, etc.. I prefer not to use them as rule. One exception is if somehow it pulls the domain together into a highly memorable name.

Glad I read this thread, didn't know some of the issues everyone is discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by PUMPaul View Post
    I wouldn't use a domain name with the big 7 either

shit
    piss
    fuck
    cunt
    cocksucker
    motherfucker
    tits

(RIP GC)
    Oh yea, definately not into using any of these words, and not even ones I'd think to say I wouldn't use! (like it's a given - at least for me it is!)

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    I also don't like this list:
    shit
    piss
    fuck
    cunt
    cocksucker
    motherfucker
    and also i never use young.
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    shit
    piss
    fuck
    cunt
    cocksucker
    motherfucker
    any reason besides personal preference not to use these words?
    :-D

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Actually all these "nono-words" are only personal preferences. From a business point of view any of them could be used, because there will be always enough people, more or less, who find even the "worst" word attractive and would jump on a site using it. It's our morals and ethics why we are avoiding them.

That's true.

The only other thing is search engines. I was once told that Google doesn't like domains with certain words, puts them lower in the search results. I was told that one of those words was "cock." Either that wasn't true or Google changed its opinion because there are definitely adult "cock" domains showing in the Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by attis View Post
    Actually all these "nono-words" are only personal preferences. From a business point of view any of them could be used, because there will be always enough people, more or less, who find even the "worst" word attractive and would jump on a site using it. It's our morals and ethics why we are avoiding them.

Quote Originally Posted by tim460 View Post
    That's true.

The only other thing is search engines. I was once told that Google doesn't like domains with certain words, puts them lower in the search results. I was told that one of those words was "cock." Either that wasn't true or Google changed its opinion because there are definitely adult "cock" domains showing in the Google search.
    Now I haven't actually seen any articles, etc that verify certain words getting a lower ranking. Mostly it's an accepted or banned situation I do believe. Anyone have any sites, articles to support either theory?

Yes, of course, the choice to use or bypass certain words is based on personal preferences for the most part, while a few can be forced upon us to not use by Visa and/or CCBill.

I would also like to know more about this if anyone has this info. Just want to make sure I'm not making a dumb mistake using banned words by chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Mostly it's an accepted or banned situation I do believe. Anyone have any sites, articles to support either theory?