Thread: MyFeedlist is Permanently Closed

MyFeedlist is Permanently Closed

Heads up to anyone who had a directory run via the MyFeedlist website: Twan has closed down the script and the subdomains. If you used your own domain and did the ftp for updates, then login to your ftp and bring down the index.html page if you want to rescue a list of the sites you did link trades with.

Several of us have been searching for another RSS Directory script that we could privately own and install, without success.

In the meantime, I'll be installing the latest Asatanda Directory version, http://geekcoders.com/community/adp-beta-t834.html , since it now has an email notification when someone submits a link to at least keep my trades alive.

Anyone has any knowledge of a directory script that will display each sites info via an rss feed, has submission capability, etc .... please post it here!

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Bec, thanks for the warning!
    Does anybody have an idea why Twan did it?
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Does this mean that any of the feedlists using his script are not working or just not updating any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by PUMPaul View Post
    Does this mean that any of the feedlists using his script are not working or just not updating any longer?
    If you had one as a subdomain of myfeedlist.com - it's gone far as I know. If you hosted it on your own domain, you have the index.html still functioning as far as being clickable, but you can't submit or add new links, and it isn't going to update.

Gin ... his site says he took it down due to scammers and cheaters. I don't get that at all ... I think he just has too many irons in the fire and that script needed some major fixing. Would have been nice to get some kind of advance notice.

this has been a long time coming, myfeedlist has not worked properly for about a year and I suspect Twan was just tired of dealing with people whinging about things being broken. This is one of the biggest problems with using a free service, they almost always fall apart and then close with no notice

Its too bad he never fixed it, or better yet, sold the script to do this on your own.

oh, and thanks for the heads up. I have removed all the FTP accounts that I has setup for the auto-updates to my domain. I am also removing his header advertising from the html on my domains, no use giving him advertising anymore. I suggest everyone else who ran a self-hosted version of this script do the same!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Found a few more "fixit" items if you have it hosted on your own domain:

1. remove the box and/or page for site submitting webmasters and put in a temporarily closed to submissions notice. If someone fills that out now, it goes to his feedlist site and they will see this: Myfeedlist has been discontinued due cheaters, spammers and lack of popularity.

2. might need to change the image location for the plus/minus buttons to the ones you're hosting ie: min.gif etc

3. removing his ad: delete the code between the <./head> and the start of the script to remove it from your page. You need to do that to any and all html pages you may of created for your site with his script.