Thread: What piece of software to ease your work?

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar

What piece of software to ease your work?

Hey,

what magical, glimmering, glamorous piece of software would you like to have that would ease your work and take off a burden that really annoys you in your daily work or consumes a lot of time AND which does not exist yet or you have not heared of yet?

Use your imagination but please stay focused to your work...
    :-D

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    That's a more intriguing question that it first appears. Imagine a program that could do "everything," and I do mean, well, nearly everything. It's not as impossible as it seems. I'm noticing some programs are integrating more and more other programs that would previously have had to be purchased separately. How far will this go? As far as someone with the imagination, skill, and resources (financial, human, etc.) will take it. With technology advancing so quickly, the day may come, but not in the near future. Many of the things we are dealing with are technical, busy work, and this is exactly what technology is designed to automate. With most of our lifetimes, we've already lived in times where the idea a computer could do anything remotely what they are doing today was considered ludicrous and far-fetched.

what is "everything" in your case?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    what is "everything" in your case?
    Caveat...you did say magical and not yet heard of

Regarding being a webmaster, a program that would be integrating all of the following. Each aspect of the following various components working dynamically in sync with each other:

- site design (layout, SEO and the many other considerations - at least very simple and easy options to choose and the rest automated, and there are programs already working on this)
    - all aspects of SEO while writing copy, if you wish to even write copy; programs that are always updated on the best use of keywords, etc (just like spell check, offering sentences, phrases, keywords that might work best); otherwise feeds that are effective, unique, and function well by themselves
    - the program not only keeping stats on anything and everything you'd want, but also automatically making the best decisions on what to do with those stats. Thus, the site, blog, choice of sponsor, posts, links, on and on...will be added, adjusted, deleted as the program estimates what decisions/inclusions/exclusions/action are most advantageous.
    - a program that is constantly updated on all matters, including legalities.
    - a program that is in communication with other sites and companies using this program.
    - a program that keeps in touch with the world of sponsors and affiliates on the web, knows about each one; a program that connects you with the best matches that work for the each the niches, needs, requirements/stipulations of all involved.
    - a program that may even make some sort of other program that surfers and our clients may find useful, finding the right content, material, prices sought.
    - I'm sure I only touched the tip of the iceberg.

that is pretty broad... I however see no link building in your wishlist.. how come?

Excerpt from my post: "Thus, the site, blog, choice of sponsor, posts, links, on and on...will be added, adjusted, deleted as the program estimates what decisions/inclusions/exclusions/action are most advantageous." Plus the program will be in communication with other sites, making connections as it sees is most appropriate.

Broad, yes, very broad, because it covers so many concerns. If what I wrote doesn't have something you think it should, just assume it's in there. (We are using our imaginations here, so why not.)

So many of the things we have today (health, gadgets, etc.) were absolutely impossible to achieve even not long ago. People have always been creative and inventive, but, for example, nobody ever had a chance to scan thousands of genes, so on and so forth, to discover what we know today. Computers do so many things we take for granted as ordinary, but the calculations being made by devices that fit in the palm of your hand and what this enables us to do is beyond mind boggling. Who knows if the imaginary program I am discussing will ever exist or if it will matter by the time it could be made. However, we are already seeing a move at least in this direction.

sorry, I must have jumped over it (links)

ok, guys...

the others... what would you like to have as a piece of software - I need more input...

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    I think tim460 said of the most part already. Its very difficult to add right now.
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

I'd like to have a GOOD taxonomy / catalog / keyword / tagging software with PHP API

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    I think tim460 said of the most part already. Its very difficult to add right now.
    I have some parts of tim460's wishes residing on my computer actually...

But what else would you want to have?

You all do so much different jobs out there... what bothers you the most? what is the most routine task you would like to push to an application?

~ Thumb Post Media ~ CharlieBrown's Avatar
    just writing something to keep the account active..

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    One thing that would really ease down my workload is a software that creates HTML templates for you by maybe drag and drop, typing text, importing images to it.
    I'm trying to find a sample, but can't seem to find one. I will keep looking and bump the thread when I do find it.

Our partners have assigned me marketing for xxxdto.com. I'm in charge of creating a TGP page type per movie on XXXDTO.com that creates the front of the box cover, 4 screen captures, and a 25 second flash video. There has to be the title, description of the video on the page. There of course should be a link to the video on xxxdto.com and I am having a rough time with templates on this.
    This piece of software would be wonderful in this case.

do you mean creating templates from scratch using "content modules" like textbox, image etc or using a frontent to create websites like frontpage or dreamweaver?

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.

Heres A Thought Europeans Billing Europe!

For those in sales, SalesForce is a powerful tool - among other things, it's like having an assistant...
    BLOG IT!
    How Will You Spend Your 2011 EU Profits? - Webbilling.com

European Direct Debit Billing - Your Only Risk Is More Revenue!