Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you help with wordpress?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Can you help with wordpress?

I need help with editing a wordpress blog. i tried and i guess i need to know css. I don't really know a lot about html so it's like totally advanced for me.
    I have been put in charge of working on the blog: horny jacker dot com. I'm trying to make changes to the css. can someone guide me or help me with making changes to the css thingy? Your help would be utterly graciously appreciated.
    I did post on another forum. all i got was a bunch of people private messaging me offering to do it for like $3,000 and $1200. I sent them over to my manager but he wants me to do it and learn it. So if this helps anymore, I'm wanting and having to learn how to do it.

Thanks a lot.

I assume you are wanting to edit the template you're using? What changes are you trying to make?

There is 2 blogs I am working to develop and update. hornyjacker.com and blog.phillyfratlive.com.
    The phillyfratlive.com one I am trying to get rid of all the extra wordpress stuff.
    the hornyjacker.com one I am trying to get rid of all the extra links on.
    make sense?

Have you gone to Links - Edit - and changed or deleted the ones you no longer want?

Also - DO NOT HIRE ANY OF THOSE SCAMMERS-- what you need done can be handled in about 5-10 minutes, and that's with a pee break.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Well, it seems i can't reach hornyjacker.com.
    What extra links you want to get rid off? Most of all all those links are in links section. Just choose this section in your dashboard, go there and choose all the links you want to delete.
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Also - DO NOT HIRE ANY OF THOSE SCAMMERS-- what you need done can be handled in about 5-10 minutes, and that's with a pee break.
    Per the other replies to my thread.... I did see those but i did not think you can make the change to them. After fiddling around I kept getting messages that you cant alter changes you do not have the correct permissions. Just now i found that i wasnt using the -admin- settings..... silly me. I got it now.
    I am smart, just taking me a sec to figure this out it's new to me.

Another problem
    At the top it shows the title of the blog. I chose -Hornjacker.com-
    Beneath that it says just another wordpress blog. how do I change this? I've gotten all other stuff figured out thanks a lot to you guys. i am very gracious of your help.

on the Dashboard, scroll down the left hand menu to SETTINGS. Click on GENERAL. First item is the site title, the one below it is the tagline. Change them to suit what you need them to say.

Bec, i knew i could always count on you. your great! :bunny:

Quote Originally Posted by PFLJayden View Post
    Bec, i knew i could always count on you. your great! :bunny:
    Thanks ... and JJ knows where to send the 3K .... :innocent:

. he wanted to know if you accept American Asspress and he misses that potty mouth of yours. You were turning him straight. :jasun:

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    WP has a lot of online help if you go to their site.. take some time and read slow.. Dont skip ahead.. Then if you can not find the answers go to the boards for help.

You will learn a lot more a lot faster that way.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    That's true, the WP forums can answer some questions. Definitely worth a try as long as you understand the ins and outs of that forum. WP forum problems and their solutions:

- So many people ask questions that within hours or a day, your question is so far down the list or next page that nobody will sees it. If this happens, make another post to your question to bring it back to the top of the page so people can see it.

- Buyer beware. Anyone can answer or comment on your question. While this is good, some are full of themselves and sound more knowledgeable than they are. Remember what you know already, just use what works.

- WP forums do not allow adult links or material on their forums. That's no problem unless people need to look at your site to answer your question, as they sometimes do. I don't know the answer except tell people it's an adult site and to conform to forum rules, you are providing an email address for people wanting to know the URL of your site so they can tackle the problem. That's all I can think of unless putting an email is against the rules.

This is my personal opinion, but WP is used by so many adult webmasters, at least affiliates, that it would be worth having a section on it in gay webmaster forums. This is particularly worth it considering the fact that you can't go to the regular WP forums like most any other site, and put the URL of your adult site looking for answers to your questions.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Before you post a question on the WP forums, try their search on the WP forums. Sometimes your question has already been asked and answered by some other person/thread.