Thread: Anyone Offering Streaming Flash Only In Their Members Areas?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Anyone Offering Streaming Flash Only In Their Members Areas?

Was just curious how many of you folks that own paysites are offering purely streaming flash movies inside the members areas vs content that can be downloaded or streamed in WMV, MPG, etc, formats?

We're in the process of adding some new content to one of our servers for a program we're getting ready to launch and are seriously considering going with streaming flash only but at the same time, we're not wanting to go this route if anyone has already done it and knows of a reason we shouldnt yet.

So, any of you folks have any feedback on this, is going streaming flash only inside a members area a good idea or not?

Regards,

Lee

interesting idea, flash is universal now so it could just work...let us know how it goes.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    We currently only offer Flash streaming for our membership site, no downloads or other formats.

The overwhelming majority of users want fast high quality streaming. As long as they can get what they want quickly the lack of downloads have not really been an issue.

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew markwolff's Avatar
    We went to Flash streaming just over a year ago. We offer it in 3 sizes. Members love it!
    However we did start to offer a limited download area asthis past Summer. Where members can download a full length Wolff DVD. We keep 6 in there at any given time. We remove the DVD from 6 month ago when we add a new one every month. Found that this boosted our retention rate and offered a nice value added benefit to our members. The majority of our members never download anything, they just stream content. I think people want there content quickly and easily and that`s what flash does.
    We also get very few complaints about videos not playing with flash.

Quote Originally Posted by markwolff View Post
    We keep 6 in there at any given time. We remove the DVD from 6 month ago when we add a new one every month. Found that this boosted our retention rate
    Thats actually what we do with our main content, updating everyday with new stuff in our CMS and allowing it to cycle through our entire content database on a per niche basis, since we implemented this a few years ago our retention on the Condom Cash sites increased exponentially, and with every new set that gets added, we remove one of the later older sets and that gets re-used some 6-12 months down the line and added as an 'update'.

Regards,

Lee

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew markwolff's Avatar
    Forgot www.jockbutt.com is flash stream only. My partner with jockbutt was wondering if we should start to rotate some of our photo sets in the members area. Right now we have 8 years worth of exclusive photo content in there. Well over 8000 images .We were thinking of removing some of the older stuff, and maybe adding it at a later date as bonus updates. Are there many sites that do this? We just moved jockbutt onto the Carma CMS from Too much media. So it's pretty easy to schedule some sets to go off-line then set them for re-activation down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by markwolff View Post
    We were thinking of removing some of the older stuff, and maybe adding it at a later date as bonus updates. Are there many sites that do this?
    Actually, there arent and i really dont understand why.

Instead most paysite owners simply fill their sites members area with as much content as they can, presumably because they think the more they have, the more enticing their site will be, where that is true to a certain extent, continually adding new stuff to a members area and not monetizing effectively the content they already have is just leaving money on the table imho.

I was talking to a guy who purchased some stuff from Rainbow Content a week or two back who told me he had basically blown close to 15k on content in the last 12 months and and only made about half of that back, when i asked him why he wasnt simply re-using his content, he told me he wasnt aware he was 'allowed' to.

I do beleive that for the most part, many site owners simply arent aware they can use purchased content they own on more than 1 site at a time $0.02

The other issue that im starting to realize more and more is that a lot of the off-the-shelf CMS programs out there, dont have the ability to easily rotate content or, the site owners find it easier just to continually add more and more content than to set their CMS up to rotate content.

Regards,

Lee