Thread: Acceptable bounce/exit rate

How long have you been gay?

I Wonder? Acceptable bounce/exit rate

I'm examining our exit rates on our warning page and found 23% are leaving, I wondered if anyone else can share their exit rates with us. Maybe our page is doing something wrong. It seems like an aweful lot of people to be losing without making a cent. Our warning page: http://www.freegaypix.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The one thing you may want to consider changing is adding some kind of image on that page, does not have to show any nudity but i have always found that if you add a 'teaser' pic on a warning page more surfers will typically click through to my main site.

As far as what is acceptable for a bounce rate, my personal feelings are that every one who hits a warning page of mine should be going through to the main site, otherwise im doing something wrong.

Regards,

Lee

Give them what they want :-) boynation's Avatar
    Don't know about the exits on the warning page, but as soon as I clicked through to your site, I got a pop-up, which immediately made me leave your site. I would reconsider having that when your visitors enter the site.
    ------------------------------
    Laurence
    AsianBoyNation
    BoyNationCash
    To Send Email, click here!

Become an affiliate of the best Asian/Twink site on the web! Join at BoyNationCash.com

Lee, I'm surprised you didn't see the images on the warning page. Worried something must have went wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The one thing you may want to consider changing is adding some kind of image on that page, does not have to show any nudity but i have always found that if you add a 'teaser' pic on a warning page more surfers will typically click through to my main site.

As far as what is acceptable for a bounce rate, my personal feelings are that every one who hits a warning page of mine should be going through to the main site, otherwise im doing something wrong.

Regards,

Lee

Yeah, we do hae a single updates/info pop up on the second page of the site. Unfortunately, they aren't reaching page two to even see that.

Quote Originally Posted by boynation View Post
    Don't know about the exits on the warning page, but as soon as I clicked through to your site, I got a pop-up, which immediately made me leave your site. I would reconsider having that when your visitors enter the site.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by jason559 View Post
    Lee, I'm surprised you didn't see the images on the warning page. Worried something must have went wrong
    Definitely no images showing up for me on the warning page, attached a screengrab to show you what im seeing....

Regards,

Lee