Thread: How Do You Define A 'Malicious Website'?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Do You Define A 'Malicious Website'?

We all know that a true malicious site is one that contains trojans or virii infecting its users computers but i was curious to know if, like me, being a webmaster you actually have a different definition of what a malicious site is in terms of what they do?

For example, lately im noticing a LOT more site doing an auto redirect to spyware cleaning programs that appear to try and 'scan' the PCs hard drive.

Likewise, im seeing more and more sites on the non-adult side of things using iframes to play audio and movie trailers, i guess because the site owner gets paid a nice chunk of change every time the ad plays in full or something?

So what about you folks, do you think of a malicious site differently to just a site that installs spyware, trojans and viruses?

Regards,

Lee

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Video & Audio advertisements in my opinion are not malicious unless they are made ugly.

Likewise websites: harms my eyes or my common sense of beauty -> malicious

No, for real. IMHO a site is malicous when it does serve software that harms your computer by installing fake codexes, spyware software, trojans, virusses, backdoors etc on your computer/phone or makes use of click-highjacking

DEV
    :-D

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    I agree... only sites that try to change or add things to my computer without my permision
    and would add (on the adult side)

sites that open a never ending parade of pop ups. 1-2 don't bother me but when my bar at the bottom is full and 2 more open every time you close one. Those sites get added to my black list and any links get taken down immediately. I hate that even more than prechecked cross sells on join forms.

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    In addition I'd also call it a malicious act trying to scan the HD of my PC for whatever reason. That's like someone who comes to my door to sell me something just goes straight on through my house searching for things that might be of interest.