Thread: Do You Tell A Sponsor When You Are Going To Stop Promoting Them?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Tell A Sponsor When You Are Going To Stop Promoting Them?

When it comes to a sponsors conversion ratios dropping and you are ready to signup to a new program and redirect your traffic to them instead, do you actually turn around and tell your old sponsor that you are going to be dropping them for a little while?

I must admit that ill typically not say anything to the sponsor im having issues with, especially if i still have unpaid funds waiting to be sent out.

What about the rest of you folks, do you communicate with an affiliate program when you are about to pull their links and go to one of their competitors?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    no, i don't. but I will continue to promote a site until i meet their minimum requirements for pay. once that is met i then yank out the links and send traffic to someone else.
    one cash program that does good for me is pride bucks. i did have top bucks but they don't convert well for us and nadya is hateful. thats the only program i told. i agree with you.

Professional pervert
    Quote Originally Posted by PFLJayden View Post
    i did have top bucks but they don't convert well for us and nadya is hateful.
    I can't resist asking you to explain the hateful part. I've dealt with her once or twice (long time ago) and never had a problem.
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGeek View Post
    I can't resist asking you to explain the hateful part. I've dealt with her once or twice (long time ago) and never had a problem.
    Same here actually.

Would be interesting to know the explanation behind this because i cant think of a single person over at TopBucks i have dealt with who has ever given me cause for concern.... Well... Except that Busyck gal, she gives me shit all the time

Regards,

Lee

i spoke to nadya about putting 5-6 pictures on the blog and even creating small trailers with their promo tools. She said I was a content thief who is giving out free content and i support the internet world of piracy. i was all like no. the clips shown would be 15-20 seconds in length and would only be a couple. she said doesnt matter and she went into thats why they dont support tube sites. I stopped promoting top bucks at that point.
    my intentions were not to -steal- content and promote them with links and images. i showed her hornyjacker.com and outlined what i was doing but she had a big problem with it.

How long have you been gay? TopBucks Lilit's Avatar
    Hello guys!

As I see my name was brought up for discussion here so I decided to show up

First of all a message to Jayden. I don't recall when we had that talk and what exactly was discussed (I bet that was long-long-long time ago), but anyway I wouldn't want to look hateful in someone's eyes You should keep in mind that personal perception and company's terms are two different things. I don't recall if we were talking about 20-30 sec videos (I doubt those were 20-30 ones cause you simply wouldn't hit me up about it since we've always been offering 30 sec vids for download as free content) or longer vids, but our company's policy about content giveaway has changed a few times within the last 3 years. So if I told you that it was not because I didn't like you or hated you or whatever else, but because that was our policy at that moment. Never make hasty judgments Peace:angel:

BTW I'll be glad to chat now, I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to offer So message me or leave your ICQ#

NADYA-ACCOUNT MANAGER-TOPBUCKS-PLUGINFEEDS-PINKVISUAL

And now a suggestion to you guys based on the thread's subject.

I think it's always best to let your rep know about your problems with converting. Main reason - your rep knows the sites from inside and he or she can provide you with useful ideas which will help iron ratios. A competent rep will always suggest what does best and why and what's better to be dropped.
    All problems are due to lack of communication.

A good dialogue leads to mutual satisfaction.
    If you don't manage to find a compromise - then just follow your decision.
    But you'll never know about all alternative options until you talk.

If I have something constructive to share, I will.
    We all work in the same business, maybe they'd be interested in what I have to say, maybe they'll shrug and write me off as "just another whiny so-and-so" but when I managed programs, I always appreciated what input I could get, so I'll return the favour.

M.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Well, actually i don't tell tell a sponsor i am going to drop it. But this thread made me think maybe i was wrong about that. Well, now i am not sure about that
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

nadya, it was over icq. not long ago. text is harder to read and understand someone rather than over the phone. perhaps there could have been a misunderstanding? lets talk and work this out. i'll get ahold of you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PFLJayden View Post
    nadya, it was over icq. not long ago. text is harder to read and understand someone rather than over the phone. perhaps there could have been a misunderstanding? lets talk and work this out. i'll get ahold of you soon.
    Perfect :thumbsup:

I do both...but keep in mind...depending on your traffic a sponsor can get that traffic back with just one new affiliate sign-up.

I have sponsors that haven't paid me so I just quit and move on...
    I didn't tell them and they don't email to find out...

I've had some sponsors email why aren't you promoting us anymore?
    Then I tell them and we talk it out....:fugly:
    :pinkylove:Sex is like air, you don't notice you need it until you don't have any!:pinkylove: