Thread: Have You Ever Used An Expired Domain Service And If So..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Have You Ever Used An Expired Domain Service And If So..

Was it any good?

Ive seen a few expired domain websites int he last few days trying to figure out apart from the PR of these domains if the services are actually of 'worth' to me to use and in all honesty im still not sure.

I can see how they would benefit me but then on the other hand i can also see how they arent going to be as much use to me as me snagging a previously unregistered domain and working my SEO magic on that.

So have you ever used such a sservice and if so did you feel it was of benefit to you or not?

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    i tried pool.com without much luck

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thats the one i was looking at Dale.

Also took a look at snapnames i think it was but couldnt really see much difference between the list of expired domains :eek:

Regards,

Lee

Lee, check out deleteddomains.com they are a free service that lists deleted and soon-to-be deleted domains...if you find one you like hook up with godaddy's service, its just $17 or so and it includes the first year rego.

I have used this method to grab domain names that I like, but don't bother trying to get domains for their traffic or PR values, since the intro of the renewal period (30 or more days) search engines know to drop a name if it is bought by a new person (vs renewed) and drop it almost immediately.

cheers,
    Luke

Hammer
    I used deleteddomains.com and another one I don't care to share, all the time. I don't use them to pick up domains that already have traffic or good SEO position though. I use them because it's nearly impossible to come up with a good unregistered name anymore, unless you want to use something besides a .com extension. Considering I register hundreds of domains a month -- primarily for my clients -- I find these services to be invaluable.