Thread: How Long Do New Domains Take To Resolve For You?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Long Do New Domains Take To Resolve For You?

I was curious to find out typically how long do new domain names take to resolve for you once you have had your hosting company add them to one of your servers?

I know it can take up to 48 hours for a domain to resolve with some hosting companies but was curious if anyone has actually ever had to ait this long, typically it will only take an hour at the most for most new domains i get added to our Nat Net servers and they are viewable via the web.

Regards,

Lee

if the domain was purchased earlier and you only browse the domain after you change DNS, it usually takes minutes. Registrars update their nameservers instantly now, the slow bit is getting local ISPs to update their cache...but if its a site that is online but not really visited you will be the first to hit your local ISP with the request, so it will get current DNS info.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    My web host is in Germany, resells Tucows, and I use AT+T Wireless Internet on my Mac.

I added 4 new Domains last week, and I was able to load my pages in 12 hours. I got notification from my host that the new Domains were set up within a half hour, but I did not try to do anything for 12, because I was busy doing other things.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Most of the time it takes minutes. Much more time it takes to change dns from one hosting to another.
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!