Thread: Domain names ending in "Z": Good or Bad?

Camper than a row of tents

Domain names ending in "Z": Good or Bad?

Do you think that ending a word within a domain name with a "z" instead of an "s" is a good idea or bad? Some examples that come to mind are Miami Boyz, Hairy Boyz, Perfect Guyz and Boyz Party. Now all of those sites seem to be doing OK so maybe it doesn't really matter. It just seems like it would be more likely for a surfer to not get to your site if they're only going by a name they heard. For example, if someone types in Miami Boys and doesn't get the site they want will they be smart enough to try again with the Z at the end?

I'm asking because I want to buy a domain name and all the versions with an "s" at the end are taken so I might have to use the "z" end instead.

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    We decided to go with the z since boyz has a more urban feel than boys which some might argue implies under 18 and that was not our intention.

Having said that, I do wish that I had registered miamiboys as well just so I could redirect traffic to the main site for those who don't know the actual name.
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

GWW Community Member
    I agree. If you're going to register a z-name, register the s-name and redirect. If the s-name is already owned, then you're probably just sending them a lot of type-in traffic if your branding is successful.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Good points. If done right, domains with "z" as such can be catchy and interesting. And you still have the keyword "guy" even up you use "guyz." Or it may not matter because the other word(s) in the domain may be the major keywords.