Thread: Taking Photos?? Please Help

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..

Taking Photos?? Please Help

Hi,

I am new to the business and was wondering how I can take high resolution photos during a video shoot? I don't want to have to edit the clicks out from the slr digital camera I am using but is there another way to take high resolution pictures? I want action pictures but how can I get my models to do the scene twice to get these pictures? There must be an easier way? Maybe a good camera that does not produce clicks or other methods? Any help would be appreciated!!

GWW Community Member
    You want to use a camera for both photos and videos!?!

Well, the clicks will always be there since the shutter will generate that sound
    every time you take a picture.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Use a camera in a mode that doesn't click - mechanically or digitally.

A SLR is great for artistic portraiture, but won't add all that much to an action scene.

You can also turn off the electronic beep on digital cameras.

GWW Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    Use a camera in a mode that doesn't click - mechanically or digitally.

A SLR is great for artistic portraiture, but won't add all that much to an action scene.

You can also turn off the electronic beep on digital cameras.

it is not possible to turn off the shutter noise on slr cameras.
    The click is a real hardware noise and not a simulated digital one that can be turned off at will.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Then don't use a mechanical SLR camera.

How long have you been gay?

canon

you can film AND take photos AT THE SAME TIME with many Canon cameras like the CANON 500d for instance.......
    Marc

We often take staged photos as do many other producers.

We also take photos throughout the shoot. It's really not a big deal to edit around any noise or flash as long as the photos are timed properly.

Additionally we're relying far less on photos these days as screen caps taken from hi-def videos are really, really good.

Professional pervert
    I remember appearing in a movie called The Dream Team for Studio 2000. Was filmed back in 1999 and was their biggest budget movie ever at the time.

The had a still photographer on the set who had a large box around the camera. It looked odd so I asked him about it. He explained it was to muffle the sound of the click so that it doesn't appear on film.

I don't know if he put it together himself (doubtful) or whether he bought it somewhere (probable), nor do I remember what the box was called. But I do remember that it existed for at least his camera.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

How long have you been gay?
    That box around the camera is called a sound blimp. They work really well although they take some getting used to (and they are a bit expensive). In addition only certain cameras will fit into it but it does work really well.

http://www.soundblimp.com