Thread: JustUsBoys.com Wins Free Trip to Phoenix Forum

REAL JOCKS FUCK

JustUsBoys.com Wins Free Trip to Phoenix Forum

The contest to win a free trip to the Phoenix Forum presented by JockBucks.com ended last Sunday at midnight.... JustUsBoys.com won!! Andy at JUB Media will be attending the Phoenix Forum April 8th to 11th.

Congratulations Andy and everyone at JUB Media!! Thank you for promoting ClubJeremyHall.com!

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Like they NEED free anything, with their budgets to throw away on printed bar rags... If anything is to be given away, it should be to the leaner and meaner webmasters...

How insulting.

REAL JOCKS FUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    Like they NEED free anything, with their budgets to throw away on printed bar rags... If anything is to be given away, it should be to the leaner and meaner webmasters...

How insulting.
    I'm not really sure who's insulted. It was a contest where every sale counted as an entry. I understand your point of view. It would have been nice to see a 'leaner and meaner webmaster' win as you put it but that just didn't happen.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. procam's Avatar

How insulting.
    Agreed - talk about being part of the "Bro Club"

Camper than a row of tents
    This contest should have been one entry per affiliate... NOT per sale. That would have been fair to everyone.

No matter what you say Jeremy it just looks like you're kissing up to JUB, which unfortunately has the result of ticking off your smaller affiliates (who probably promote you more and better than JUB ever will).

I can't say I blame you though. If you're gonna brown nose someone it should be JUB because of their traffic. You just should have done it in private, not getting the hopes up of smaller affiliates who could have used this trip much more than the JUBers.

REAL JOCKS FUCK
    Problem with doing one sale per affiliate is there is no motivation for affiliates to make more sales. The point of a promo is to increase sales. Yes JUB does make a good amount of sales for my site but so does GayTube and OntheHunt/ManHunt and a number of other successful companies. It would not be fair for me to ignore their contribution. I thought it was a good promo idea but clearly wasn't.

I'm sorry! Please don't be mad at me! :eek:

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    That and the difference between a JUB big corporate entity with a ton of staff and tools and hard driven mission, compared to smaller webmasters like myself or GayGeek who do it as passionate business.

The prize you just gave to JUB is peeing in the Ocean of their monthly revenue.

To me the bottom line is that eventually a web surfer would have found your site through Google. Instead, you're giving up 50% of a large percent of your billings to another branded search engine.

Why?

Giving up 50% of a small percent of your billings to someone like me who gives my customers some other options, or GayGeek who puts a lot of personal sweat into his blog, is different from 50% of a big percent to a site that is little more than a search engine.

Also, they do not readily communicate with all sites and program sponsors - like me. I first met them at LA Gay Erotica in 2004. No response to inquiries. I may not (yet) be a program sponsor that affiliates can subscribe to under either CCBill programs, but I do have AEBN and HotMovies studios, from which affiliates can build theaters around or otherwise earn affiliate revenue from AEBN or HotMovies - who have a history of being great payers.

Professional pervert
    I don't fault the contest for giving the reward to a large affiliate of theirs, as they set the contest rules and as such they can give rewards out to whomever wins using those rules. Not to mention I ignore contests and "extra payout promotional days" so I don't expect to win.

That being said, if one did want to strike a balance between large and smaller affiliates they could strike a balance. For example, on your first sale you get a "raffle ticket". On the 11th, 21st, 31st, etc., sales, you get another ticket. So while larger affiliates would still have a higher chance to win, it wouldn't be overwhelmingly so. The rate at which the "tickets" are given out can varied according to the company's specific needs.

No biggie though. I'm sure Just Us Boys made a lot more sales of your sites than I did, so congrats to them.

--Aaron

PS, I did win a small rainbow-colored rug once from Pride Bucks. They were randomly giving items out to any affiliate that made a sale during a month. My cats enjoyed the rug for several years before they shredded it and it had to be thrown out.
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

REAL JOCKS FUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGeek View Post
    if one did want to strike a balance between large and smaller affiliates they could strike a balance. For example, on your first sale you get a "raffle ticket". On the 11th, 21st, 31st, etc., sales, you get another ticket. So while larger affiliates would still have a higher chance to win, it wouldn't be overwhelmingly so.
    That's a really good idea...I'm using that next time.

Professional pervert
    Or set it to up to three tickets per week or somesuch, although that doesn't reward volumes of sales.

You could also make tickets available on a variable ratio basis.

1st sale = 1 ticket
    3rd sale = 1 ticket
    6th sale = 1 ticket
    10th sale = 1 ticket
    15th sale = 1 ticket

...and so on.

And to prevent someone from getting soooo many tickets that they still win (because they do a huge amount of business with you anyway and the trip won't serve as an incentive for 'em), put a cap on the number of tickets that a company can get in the raffle. Say, 15 tickets tops.

I assume your object here is to encourage folks to sell more memberships to your site. A raffle won't serve as an incentive for folks that are going to do the same amount of work anyway, whether that be GayGeek (that has too many sites listed to emphasis any one) or Just Us Boys (that does large volumes of business and may choose not to promote a site just to win a prize). So tailoring your contest to those in the middle of probably the way to go.

--Aaron
    Last edited by GayGeek; 03-05-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

REAL JOCKS FUCK
    Thanks Aaron! I appreciate your input.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

How insulting.
    I second that.