Thread: Contest Outcome

REAL JOCKS FUCK

Contest Outcome

Email sent to JockBucks.com affiliates:

As you may know JustUsBoys.com won the contest to attend the Phoenix Forum. I receieved some negative feedback from several affilates regarding the outcome of the contest. Many of you felt the contest was unfair
    given the fact that JUB has significantly more sales than most other affiliates and thus more entries into the raffle. In hindsight, I agree the contest was flawed in its inception. It should have taken into consideration
    the hard work that smaller affiliates do for my program. For this, I'm very sorry!

I would like to try and make this up to my affiliates by holding another contest this spring. Another free trip to the Phoenix Forum will not be possible due to cash-flow restrictions. However, I'm open to any ideas you may have for the prize. If there is anything else I can do to make this up, please let me know.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I think mailing that to your affiliates was a huge mistake, you have now just put the message in their heads that YOU did something wrong, when you didnt.

You also pretty much said in those last two lines....

'JUB won a big prize, im only gonna be offering you a smaller one though'.

You really shouldnt have sent this email out IMHO.

Regards,

Lee

Well - he is trying to make things right ... so don't horse whip him too harshly guys.

Jeremy, I wouldn't worry about "another prize" -- it's the Forum trip/hotel/pass ticket most of us needed/wanted, ...Just make the phonenix trip contest next year equally obtainable by ALL participating webmasters!

Oh im not trying to be dick, just saying, by emailing that to his affiliates, now they are aware *some* people have issues with the contest outcome, they are going to think about it and could potentially come to the same conclusion that it was an unfair contest.

Sometimes it is just better to let sleeping dogs lay.

Regards,

Lee

Professional pervert
    What happens if Just Us Boys wins the new contest as well?

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

Quote Originally Posted by GayGeek View Post
    What happens if Just Us Boys wins the new contest as well?

--Aaron
    They wont

Regards,

Lee

REAL JOCKS FUCK
    So this is the last post I'm doing on this...

Lee, clearly I did something wrong. Since I announced the winner I've received 8 emails from angry affiliates and at least a dozen affiliates have blocked my email... these are affiliates that make sales.

I did what I said I would do - I held a draw where every sale counted as an entry. Some people have questioned weather the raffle was rigged. No one can prove one way or the other. I honestly didn't think my honesty would come into question. And that was part of my mistake. I also didn't take into account most of my affiliates program is made up of smaller affiliates and I didn't consider the outcome of a larger company like JUB winning.

I will hold a similar contest this spring. I promise the mistakes mentioned above will not be repeated. And if JUB wins the contest again then no one will have grounds for a legitimate complaint.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. procam's Avatar
    How about the next time this rolls around instead of basing it off sales you do some labor - that will make everyone feel it was fair.
    Take each affiliates user id place it on a slip of paper stick em all in a box everyone gets one entry have someone draw a name from the box and the winner is random everyone gets a fair chance and just 1 chance to win.

I have no doubt your intentions are good and were to begin with however it may have "appeared"

This is just one way to perhaps level the contest to a fair play it then becomes like lotto everyone gets a chance to win and you might make some small time affiliate very happy or who knows jub might win fairly with the luck of a draw.

My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by procam View Post
    Take each affiliates user id place it on a slip of paper stick em all in a box everyone gets one entry have someone draw a name from the box and the winner is random everyone gets a fair chance and just 1 chance to win.
    Or, he could just do what most programs do these days when they want to offer up a prize.... Do raised payouts, that way EVERYONE wins

Regards,

Lee