Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netbook VS Laptop Computers

Netbook VS Laptop Computers

Can anyone give me a basic idea of the difference between a netbook and a regular laptop? I'm seeing the same operating systems, hard drive sizes, wireless connections, etc. The only real difference in hardware is the netbook doesn't have a cd/dvd drive built in?? How do you load programs? :juggle:

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    slower cpu, less memory, no optical drive just usb ports...

internet and usb ports is how you load data to a netbook.
    :-D

Camper than a row of tents
    Netbooks are supposedly better at websurfing although I haven't noticed that in my case. I have both and the netbook is way more convenient than lugging around my notebook. I got an Asus netbook that gives a whopping 10 hours of battery time! My notebook only gets about 2 hours. I also got an external USB powered DVD drive/burner to use with the netbook but quite honestly have not even opened up the package yet after six months.

I love mine for travelling.

Mostly, I'm just doing email/chat/browsing/writing on my netbook so it is perfect. Battery life is incredible and I've not needed anything on my netbook that I couldn't download.

That said, I don't think it is a replacement for my MacBookPro - just a great addition.

I'm headed south next week for a vacay with friends, and I'll have my netbook with me so I can keep on top of work, but I won't be doing any "heavy lifting"... literally and metaphorically.

My computer collection is now "Small, Smaller, Smallest" with my Macbook, Asus netbook and iPhone.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

dare you .. how could you betray your macbook and iphone with an asus netbook

A friend of mine has a netbook with keys the size of his fingertips - to me too small to type more than chatlines, screen to small to see things, but the size is quite comfortable - fits the space between a laptop and an iphone. I wished it had a touchscreen though ;-)

He uses it to chat in hotels, check his google analytics (which he also can using iphone), posts in forums and such.. .but NOT for real day to day work.

If you need something to travel and work think about getting a decent laptop with an 13/15 inch screen, a power saving CPU/GPU. After buying my MacBook last year I am VERY biased when it comes to laptops.

Virtually everywhere you can find a power outlet...and if you can't find one chances are there are no wireless lans, too (or paid ones ;-) ). If there is a power outlet, there are chairs and tables - why would you want to have a hard cover book sized electronic device resting in your left hand while you try to type with your right hand holding a pen to hit the keys?

DEV....

I saved up some miles at a sponsor here and will spend it on Apple's "Netbook" iPad later in April

Quote Originally Posted by Maryflixxx View Post
    My computer collection is now "Small, Smaller, Smallest" with my Macbook, Asus netbook and iPhone.
    Mine is 13" (small) with a huge 24" screen - both get the job of editing text files done

The kicker was I can pop the netbook in my purse, cord and all, so for travel it saves bringing a laptop bag, purse and suitcase.

I'm a girl... purse is required!

I can type like a demon on my iPhone, but when I really need to correspond and sit and think about what I am writing, I pull out the netbook.

At home, however, the netbook is not used.

M.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryflixxx View Post
    The kicker was I can pop the netbook in my purse, cord and all, so for travel it saves bringing a laptop bag, purse and suitcase.

I'm a girl... purse is required!

I can type like a demon on my iPhone, but when I really need to correspond and sit and think about what I am writing, I pull out the netbook.

At home, however, the netbook is not used.

M.

Hmm -- I'm a girl ... what's a purse? Will this fit in the big pocket on my cargo pants?

Seriously, thanks for the feedback! It helps when trying to figure out which has the better long term use/value for what I do.

yes a netbook will fit into the "lesbian purse" oh and you can beat up some gays with the netbook, too, as well as putting it under a rocking table and such, hehe

Seriously, a Netbook is a lightweight travel companion with wifi... do you guys have mobile plans for netbooks or usb-umts sticks?

~ Thumb Post Media ~ CharlieBrown's Avatar
    here are my babies, a dell inspiron mini 10 and a alienware m17x :french:

lovely

Camper than a row of tents
    That Alienware looks like something out of Star Trek. Sweet!

~ Thumb Post Media ~ CharlieBrown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sc32803 View Post
    That Alienware looks like something out of Star Trek. Sweet!
    hehe, yeah, you can change the colour on all lights as well, i have set mine to blue :haha:

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    I think they covered all the reasons.
    :bunnypancake:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Oh i really like that Alienware one

Regards,

Lee