Thread: Board Behaviour and Biz

I Wonder? Board Behaviour and Biz

Are you more or less likely to do business with people who have volatile board personalities?

I find that I'm very unlikely to trust people professionally when they are rude, negative, argumentative etc. on boards.

I also wonder (beyond the board owners of course) how some of these people have the time... perhaps business is not so good. Maybe more people are like me then I realize.

Thoughts?
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Lately i have noticed a LOT more people bitching and moaning about petty shit on the boards, stuff that in all honesty shouldnt even be worth bothering about, someone made a typo on a site... They are unprofessional, someone made a genuine mistake with a linking code, they are trying to shave, someone posted about another person, they are trying to start 'drama', etc, etc...

I really do think that it is a sign of the times where the industry has basically become saturated with webmasters, far more than it can conceivable sustain at a healthy level and everyones slice of the proverbial pie is getting smaller and smaller, and in order to keep the slice we do have, we're having to work, harder and harder, which most people dont seem to want to do.

The other thing that i have noticed in the past 2 years is that the real 'drama' contingent has thankfully, moved away from GWW and on to other boards, which is actually really good because it means that we can maintain our focus of 'business' on GWW to help everyone keep hold of their slice of the pie

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Heres A Thought

Wow, very well put Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I really do think that it is a sign of the times where the industry has basically become saturated with webmasters, far more than it can conceivable sustain at a healthy level and everyones slice of the proverbial pie is getting smaller and smaller, and in order to keep the slice we do have, we're having to work, harder and harder, which most people dont seem to want to do.

The other thing that i have noticed in the past 2 years is that the real 'drama' contingent has thankfully, moved away from GWW and on to other boards, which is actually really good because it means that we can maintain our focus of 'business' on GWW to help everyone keep hold of their slice of the pie

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Here, here! I second that. I have visited other boards and I must say that GWW is by far one of the most professional.

I also think it is very telling when, considering the economy, folks here are still willing to help and work together.

Thanks Everyone!

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    To answer your question, Mary, yes. I'm particularly careful because I'm new in the biz and trying to get a grasp of what are the right or wisest decisions, including who to trust. It's common sense that unprofessional behavior, especially on a professional board, is not a good omen. Who knows, maybe some people are just cranky and do good business. However, I've found in other business experiences in my life, that it usually isn't. So I go by that. I'm particularly careful about sensing willfulness, which shows a lack of cooperation that anyone in business or life needs.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    . I mean cooperation is needed, and courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryflixxx View Post
    I also wonder (beyond the board owners of course) how some of these people have the time.
    I just don't have time to hang out on forums anymore. Now, I tend to hit them once a day or once every 2 days, and click only on topics that look interesting or where I can assist.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    I just don't have time to hang out on forums anymore. Now, I tend to hit them once a day or once every 2 days, and click only on topics that look interesting or where I can assist.
    I know what you mean, Luke.
    I can hit one board a day usually. And I tend to do it at the end of the day just before I'm signing off. Otherwise, I just don't have the time.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    It is not too well kept a secret as to who the cons and thieves are here, or the mean board in the UK.