Thread: Saving images as jpeg or pdf?

No no i'm really handsome, all the lesbians love me.

Saving images as jpeg or pdf?

This may be a dumb question, but I just bought a new cheapie printer, scanner, copier all in one. I like the fact that these features are in one machine.

It is a canon pixma mp490 and is really only a simple inexpensive inkjet printer.

My question is this, the scanning software with this device offers the ability to save as image or pdf. I thought that the advantage of a pdf file was the ability to group multiple images or document pages into one handy file. However now I seem to see online that it might be good to save individual photos or images this way as well. However when I try to search which is better on the web, I really do not find any answer to the question.

So should I only use pdf for items that I want grouped together as a multi paged document, or should I also save individual scanned images as pdf files as well?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    I think the answer would lie in how are you going to be using the files after you have scanned them?

Personally I scan all documents and save them as pdf. If it strictly an image, I'd scan to jpg with a higher res.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

No no i'm really handsome, all the lesbians love me.
    Thanks nicedreams.

I started scanning all my personal papers to pdf this weekend. I'm getting rid of alot of paper.

Of course I will have to adjust to not holding documents in my hand or seeing them in stacks on my desk where I can visually locate them and thumb through them at will, but I think it will be a much better solution.

As for images I think I will probably stick with image extensions. Although I suppose several in a pdf would be convenient to send in emails to people.