Thread: Current or new site?

How long have you been gay?

Current or new site?

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I have a question for you wise people. I currently operate an increasingly popular gay community site. Our primary focus is allowing users to create profiles, one on one video chat, group chat, forums, browse affiliate content, etc. I was starting to think that it might be a good opportunity to create a members area to post exclusive content but the more I thought about it it might not be a good idea. Instead I was thinking about just setting up a new site and try to entire people over there. Thought would be that if I added a whole new members area to the existing site, I risk diluting the site and making navigation a nightmare. What do you think? Can premium content and a social network coexist?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The problem you are going to have by allowing *anyone* but yourself to upload is you aren't going to know if they have the rights to upload that content.

Personally, thats not a route that id be willing to go as its potentially business ending if you end up with content on your server belonging to a company such as Titan for example.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    Thanks for the reply! Let me specify a little further. The members only section would be like most other adult pay sites. Users will not be allowed to add content to this section It would have it's own authentication as well.

The more I think about it, it might be best just to split it out.