Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affiliate Manager

I'm not gay; I'm British! worldofmen's Avatar

Affiliate Manager

I'm looking for a good affiliate manager that will bring a big list of affiliates over to me.

The HOTTEST MEN from around the WORLD

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Good luck with that

Regards,

Lee

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofmen View Post
    I'm looking for a good affiliate manager that will bring a big list of affiliates over to me.
    LMAO! Yeah, me too!

Camper than a row of tents
    This brings up a good question: how does one become an affiliate manager? What type of career background best lends itself to this kind of job? At first I would guess sales, but does being a good sales person automatically make you good at affiliate sales? Or maybe having a marketing background would be better?

goodluck dude

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Supposedly, CCBill has a list of Sponsor Programss for Affiliates to find Sponsors... not sure if it works both ways,

I'm not gay; I'm British! worldofmen's Avatar
    Thanks for all the laughing at me....I found a company/someone willing to do want I want.

Oh, and in regards to CCBill, they do not offer much help other than setting up an affiliate program

The HOTTEST MEN from around the WORLD

REAL JOCKS FUCK
    IMHO.....I don't understand why its called an 'affiliate manager'. Why not 'Director of Marketing'. Someone please explain to me exactly what an affiliate manager would do, that I can't do myself. I would much rather hire someone with marketing or research and development experience rather than just a middle man between the affiliates and the webmaster/site manager.

Just my opinion, could be wrong, been wrong before.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofmen View Post
    Thanks for all the laughing at me....I found a company/someone willing to do want I want.
    when i started with this company, my first job was sitting around the house, cleaning up after the models, cooking them dinner, I hated it. I wanted to do more. I went behind my bosses back one day and started marketing the sites. Sales came in, my boss found out, he gave me a promotion to marketing. I did that. I busted butt. I didn't enjoy it. In the 6 months I've been here I have learned nearly every position on the company aspect. Now I'm a manager. *not an affiliate manager.*
    I suggest to you that you should learn all aspects of your business instead of shooting footage and building your site before you want to hire someone. your new. what if that someone you hire quits and your sales drop. it is going to be a huge shock to you. You should be able to run all aspects of your business before that happens. Just my opinion. That's how I was brought in. If everyone quit here in our office today and I stayed, the only way we could make it is if I knew everyones jobs so I could pick up all that slack.

I'm not trying to be rude, trying to give you advise.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    It's always good to start the day by reading the comics section.

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!
    Quote Originally Posted by PFLJayden View Post
    when i started with this company, my first job was sitting around the house, cleaning up after the models, cooking them dinner, I hated it. I wanted to do more. I went behind my bosses back one day and started marketing the sites. Sales came in, my boss found out, he gave me a promotion to marketing. I did that. I busted butt. I didn't enjoy it. In the 6 months I've been here I have learned nearly every position on the company aspect. Now I'm a manager. *not an affiliate manager.*
    I suggest to you that you should learn all aspects of your business instead of shooting footage and building your site before you want to hire someone. your new. what if that someone you hire quits and your sales drop. it is going to be a huge shock to you. You should be able to run all aspects of your business before that happens. Just my opinion. That's how I was brought in. If everyone quit here in our office today and I stayed, the only way we could make it is if I knew everyones jobs so I could pick up all that slack.

I'm not trying to be rude, trying to give you advise.
    Great advice!
    Holly Ruprecht
    Business Development

thank you. I wasnt trying to be harsh. Hope I didn't come across as an ass.

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!
    Quote Originally Posted by PFLJayden View Post
    thank you. I wasnt trying to be harsh. Hope I didn't come across as an ass.
    Not at all. I thought it was really good advice and true!
    Holly Ruprecht
    Business Development

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The problem with hiring 'out of house' is that most affiliate reps or marketing reps simply cant perform and thus they end up changing the company they work for every 3-6 months.

I can think of *maybe* 3 affiliate managers that have been with the same company for longer than 5 years and they are VERY good at what they do.

Regards,

Lee

For help, maybe he can PM lisa at badpuppy for some advise. i just thought of that just now. :morning: