Thread: New CCBill cookie length - 120 days

Making Pain Pay!

New CCBill cookie length - 120 days

I just wanted to let everyone know that for the next few months, I have changed my CCBill settings from 30 day cookies to 120 day cookies. I hope this helps my affiliates make more sales and more money in these hard financial times.

Thank you for your continued support and friendship.

- Michael

http://www.TropixxxCash.com
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Now that was just damn nice of you.

:broccoli:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Personally i don't understand the need for longer periods on cookies given that cookie length really doesn't make any difference to the amount of sales generated.

Ive experimented with cookie lengths on and off for the past few years and trust me when i say this, whether its a 3 day cookie or a 3 year cookie, the amount of sales doesn't increase significantly for any affiliate or program owner to warrant them caring about the cookie length.

Its just something else that affiliates bitch about and program owners manipulate to try and get more affiliate traffic.

Regards,

Lee

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Personally i don't understand the need for longer periods on cookies given that cookie length really doesn't make any difference to the amount of sales generated.

Ive experimented with cookie lengths on and off for the past few years and trust me when i say this, whether its a 3 day cookie or a 3 year cookie, the amount of sales doesn't increase significantly for any affiliate or program owner to warrant them caring about the cookie length.

Its just something else that affiliates bitch about and program owners manipulate to try and get more affiliate traffic.

Regards,

Lee
    We have never experimented with longer cookies. This is our first attempt at changing them ever since I moved them from 3 day CCBill defaults to 30 days over a year ago.

We simply did it because I had affiliates ask for it, and thought it might be helpful. And yeah, of course I did it to try and get more affiliate traffic. Isn't that what I am supposed to be doing? :develish:

Hopefully you will be wrong, and it will pay off for our affiliates, and ourselves in at least a few more sales. Even a handful of sales makes a difference at a site as small as mine.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip: