Thread: Don't you just hate chargebacks when...

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Don't you just hate chargebacks when...

I posted this thread http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=33757

Content was purchased from brokers over the last few months. After being promised and promised 2257's, nothing has ever came out. I keep getting the run around. Last evening and this morning we had a meeting on this and my boss Nathan has asked our accounting guys to dispute the charges.
    We would never dispute any charges, however 2257 is a very important matter. We made the mistake of using the content and claiming the companys we bought the content from as the COR. We continued buying content. Still never any 2257's. This is the result. High dollar chargebacks.
    We will bend over to help anyone we can. Some of you have seen this. We aren't a hush hush company. If we can help someone we will, if not we'll walk away. But when these companies out there screw you over I toss my hands up.
    We purchased content from a company (Whom is active here), when we asked for the 2257's, the content was no longer around. We went to the primary producer (a studio) and explained the situations to them while asking for the docs. Come to find out, the content was pirated by the content seller and they were not authorized to sell.
    Due to this, we are at risk of buying content. Therefore, we're going back to the feeds venues. I have been more than nice about it.
    We're talking about more than $8k that we've disputed on our credit cards.

Hopefully content sellers will read this, not want to have the chargeback and will start selling content with the required documents.

Furthermore, the content that was purchased and 2257's were never received, we will not be using the content and it was removed a month or more ago and was destroyed out of our posession Tuesday.

To an outsider like me your post just seems a preemptive measure against negative blow back for you charging back over $8,000 in content.

There will be proof you bought and received the content, yet no proof that you "destroyed out of our posession Tuesday."

If you put some effort into you PhillyFratLive site instead of spending time buying old content and charging it back I'm sure you'd have a better product to sell. $0.02
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

No no i'm really handsome, all the lesbians love me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PFLJayden View Post
    I posted this thread
    Furthermore, the content that was purchased and 2257's were never received,
    we will not be using the content and it was removed a month or more ago and was destroyed out of our posession Tuesday.
    The content was never received, and you removed the content? How can you
    remove something you never received?
    --
    Ray B. Morris
    support@bettercgi.com

Strongbox - The next generation in site security:
    http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/

Throttlebox - Next generation in intelligent bandwidth control
    http://www.bettercgi.com/throttlebox/

Clonebox - Next generation disaster prevention
    http://www.bettercgi.com/clonebox/

Affiliate program:
    http://www.bettercgi.com/affiliates/user/register.php

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raymor View Post
    The content was never received, and you removed the content? How can you
    remove something you never received?
    Ray, from what I read in the post, he got the content but never received the corresponding 2257 documentation from the content provider; therefore, he should not be using the content. Another issue is that the original producer of the content says the content was pirated from him.

I just wish that the original poster would post the name of the content provider so that none of us ever use the guy.

Bill

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    The important question for me would be, why would anyone put up content in the first place when they don't have 2257 records? 2257A, since 1/09, has required that anyone displaying the content on a page they own must have records for it.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    The important question for me would be, why would anyone put up content in the first place when they don't have 2257 records? 2257A, since 1/09, has required that anyone displaying the content on a page they own must have records for it.
    Because some people were born dumb and just never improved with age.

Bill