Thread: Bill from HDK isn't doing well

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Bill from HDK isn't doing well

We just received a disturbing email from Bill at HDK regarding his health and the cancer that he has. I am aware that I probably shouldn't make this public for Bill's personal reasons, however Bill has been a very good friend of ours for the past few years and on behalf of AmAd Media and Sebastian's Studios we want to wish bill a very warm recovery.

This thread was initiated by Bill: http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=33381

I know we're really not religious, but we here at the offices will keep Bill in our prayers and hopes that he will overcome and be a strong man as he always has and is.

We know Bill will fight this!!!

Here's the email from Bill.... He notes in it (See the Bold Red text)...

------------------

Hey There,

As most of you know, and some don't and I apologize for that, the small cell carcinoma (lung cancer) has returned. I haven't felt very good since my return from Palm Springs several weeks ago and my daughter finally talked me into going to the doctor last Tuesday, the 18th of May. My primary care physician didn't like the way my lungs sounded and sent me down for an immediate CT Scan. Bottom line is that it showed that the cancer had returned and was substantially larger than when it was first discovered last September which explains why I'm having difficulty breathing. It seems to be pressing on my left bronchial tube and trachea also causing some difficulty swallowing and some slight chest pain.

I did meet with my Oncologist today. His recommendation is to begin another round of chemo therapy with a second line medicine called HYCAMTIN and a trip in a few days to the hospital for an MRI of the brain, hopefully to rule out that it hasn't spread there. According to the Oncologist the HYCAMTIN can have some fairly bad side effects which can involve blood transfusions and more drugs to keep the white and red blood cells at a decent level.

I'll be starting on the HYCAMTIN immediately because of the surprisingly aggressiveness of the tumor and apparently will most likely suffer from the side effects more so than the first round of chemo since HYCAMTIN seems to be somewhat more toxic. Of course I will continue with treatment and fight like hell. Assuming the HYCAMTIN is effect I plan on being around for a while longer so that I can continue bugging the crap out of you.

None of what I've written is confidential so no problem sharing it with mutual friends.

I apologize for the somewhat impersonal manner of letting you know what is going on, but I did promise to keep you up to day and I'm really not up to talking right now due to the difficulty breathing. In addition, this is being sent out to a number of close friends. At this point I'd ask that you not call due to the same reason and let's keep our correspondence to emails.

Hugs,

Bill

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Sounds shady and actually doesn't seem like something Bill would write, were you able to actually confirm that this was from Bill before posting it for the world to see?

Regards,

Lee

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. lisa's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it is authentic. He is close with them, as well as with many of us. Bill has posted similar, without as much detail on his facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000039369537

I consider Bill a near and dear friend and most certainly will continue praying for him and a speedy recovery. Having personally been in the radiation oncology field for 8 years, I've seen many miracles happen, making doctors eat their words and if anyone has great fight in them, it's Bill.

Well if it is authentic then that does indeed suck and i hope he continues to fight and overcomes this challenge during this part of his life, he has a lot of friends and i know every single one of them are sending positive thoughts and wishes for him to beat this myself and Gary included.

Sending good thoughts your way Bill, you are a fighter i know you can beat this sucker too!

Regards,

Lee

It is legit

Bill's e-mail was sent to a bunch of his friends including me. It is legit. YLee's comment about it being shady is shady in itself.

Continuing to send healing vibes to Bill ... I was just so happy that he had good results earlier on ... and hope for another "miracle". :prescription:

Quote Originally Posted by hunkhunter View Post
    Bill's e-mail was sent to a bunch of his friends including me. It is legit. YLee's comment about it being shady is shady in itself.
    Not really... Considering it was only a year or two back when a press release that was sent out via email stated Bill was getting married to some woman...

I just wanted to make sure this was legit before he got flooded with well wishes that weren't actually needed thus causing him more stress in what is imaginably an already stressful situation for him and his family.

Regards,

Lee

This has been verified to be legit.
    Bill has been good to us, if it weren't legit why in the hell would I have posted this, let alone on a public forum that is read by hundreds of people that love Bill to death?
    Lee, you can just be cruel sometimes.
    Bill has treated our companies like gold over the last 5 years. The last thing we would ever do about him is create something false like this. :shithitfan:

I suggest in my opinion Bill needs strong people to wish him well, from what I've read on the forums here, he has been very nice and has offered a lot his time to individuals in need.

Lee was attempting to protect Bill, so cut him some slack. Perhaps you weren't around when other personal info about Bill, "supposedly true", was splashed across these boards? When I first read Lee's response, I knew exactly where he was coming from.