Thread: Orange Media, Inc Issues Cease & Desist to Apex Content

Orange Media, Inc Issues Cease & Desist to Apex Content

Yesterday, Orange Media, Inc. sent a Cease & Desist notice to Apex Content for copyright infringement and plagiarism of QueerClick intellectual property on Apex’ site, queersmut.com.

Because of the way that QueerClick operates, the extent of the plagiarism exceeded even Apex Content’s intentions. Apex Content had copied the structure and format of the blog, but also took the banners, collage, copy, columns and characters that QueerClick has created.

The QueerClick team custom designs the banners that we use to promote affiliate programs, we also retouch photos and work diligently to create the best possible promotions for our partners. Apex Content had copied many of the banners and collages that we designed and used our content to promote the same programs.

QueerClick is a team of 14 people - we work hard to make our network the best possible version of itself and we cannot turn a blind eye to this sort of infraction.

As of today, the Apex Content site has been taken offline.

The QueerClick team was alerted to the problem while building a promotional post for WebCamWankerz.com, another program owned by Apex Content. While QueerClick was working with Apex to help promote one site, they were building a copy of QueerClick in the background.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

well done, congrats!!!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!
    Good stuff Mary! I love the Queer Click team
    Holly Ruprecht
    Business Development