Thread: Question for those that submit galleries to TGPs

retrograde

Question for those that submit galleries to TGPs

I have a question for those of you that submit galleries to TGPs.

What kind of return do you generally expect to get with your sponsors?

Also, how many TGPs do you usually post your galleries to?

Thanks in advance!

the return varies greatly with the sponsor. anywhere from $40 per posting to $300 is common for me - generally $50 to 210. it's hard to say because i have three year old galleries still making sales very occasionally - yesterday i made two sales on galleries older than 6 months. each sale was $30. i post 3 sets of galleries per day, 6 days a week.

i post to between 60 and 80 tgps per day.

retrograde
    Thank you so much basschick! You were a huge help.

Do you make gay or straight galleries (or both)?

i make gay galleries and niche straight galleries. gay do better unless i've found one heck of a niche for the girls ;-)

i'm going to respond to your pm here. you asked if i would show you my galleries, but i generally no longer do that for strangers. it's not so much the people who copied the galleries deliberately that is the problem - it's that so many nice, well-meaning newbs copied parts of my galleries - like the text or the text layout - without considering it copying. they cost me money and got me blacklisted a couple places.

why not show us a couple of your galleries and we'll critique them?

Dzinerbear
    basschick,

Can I ask how you submit to these galleries? Do you do it manually? Or do you use a submitter?

And how did you find that many TGPs that were worth submitting to? I'm slowly getting into the TGP game, but it's taking me a while because I don't have a lot of free time and I'll submit to a bunch of TGPs and only a few of them will accept my galleries, so then I have to go and find more.

Thanks
    Dzinerbear

i hand submit using a helpful little program to fill in the forms and mirror the galleries, adding the recips.

as far as finding tgps, here's what i do - and it is time consuming. you go to one large tgp like thumbzilla or shemp and you surf to all the bigger trades. find which ones take submissions that have categories you post and rules you find comfortable. then surf to each of the sites trading with the first sites' trades. and so on.

any idea why only a few accept your galleries? usually there is a reason if only a few tgps post someone's galleries...

Dzinerbear
    basschick,

Thanks for the tips. Okay, so essentially I'm doing what you're doing, it'll just take me a while to build up to 80 I guess. Right now, I submit to a few TGP's at a time, check my logs in the coming week, any that I didn't see any traffic from I check to see if I can find my site in their listings, if not, I stop submitting, figuring it's just a waste of my time.

Why am I not getting listed? I don't know, I'm just figuring that I'm getting lost amongst thousands of submissions. Sometimes I write and ask, and then, I sometimes get a partner account.

I'm going to PM you a couple of links to recent submissions, if you don't mind having a look and letting me know if there's anything I could do to improve my chances, I'd appreciate that.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Dzinerbear - you've got mail

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    We submit to about 50 by hand and also use the autosubmitter fromhttp://www.tgpwizards.com

Wizards provides a handy little manual submitter for your desktop that lets you manage manual submissions yourself but still with the recip insertion, management of partner accounts and high traffic TGP's.

Best of all it's free

:bandana:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Personally im not a fan of auto submission tools however that being said, a tool is only as good as the workman using it.

If you dont get your manually submissions accepted then in actuality you probably wont get your auto submissions accpeted either.

Regards,

Lee

Pixxxel
    I had a question, semi-on-topic. Is it hard to get partner accounts, and are they really needed to make the most out of gallery submissions? Is it a "make or break" kind of thing, or are they just more helpful?

Thanks guys, this thread has already helped me a lot

Michael

gel
    Originally posted by Pixxxel
    I had a question, semi-on-topic. Is it hard to get partner accounts, and are they really needed to make the most out of gallery submissions? Is it a "make or break" kind of thing, or are they just more helpful?

Thanks guys, this thread has already helped me a lot

Michael
    Is it hard to get Partnerships? Yes and no. Depends on the site in question.
    I believe it is very nessecary to get partnership accounts.
    It will greatly increase your traffic.

Don't be afraid to apply for those accounts. The worst thing is the owner saying no. Then you just make better galleries and try again in a month or two.

Pixxxel - of the last 5 people who asked me to review their galleries, all 5 had things about their gallery that are against the rules at many tgps - or at least make their galleries much less desirable to tgps. some had applied for partner accounts and were not being accepted.

i have not found it hard to get partner accounts, but i also suggest that unless you are very sure your gallery is

a. working with virtually all the tgps rules

b. attractive and high quality

that you don't apply till you get your gallery making issues worked out. once you are turned down, it gets a lot harder later to get partner accounts at those tgps.