Thread: Has anyone been to their DMV lately?

Camper than a row of tents

Has anyone been to their DMV lately?

Just wondering if anyone in the USA has been to their Dept. of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office lately to get a new driver's license or renew a current one. In South Florida there are always huge lines and wait times of 4 or 5 hours. You literally have to take a day off from work to get a license. It's insane. I heard its because of new Homeland Security rules about IDs that make it tougher to get one.

Thought I'd ask if others have been seeing these long waits across the USA or if its just a local problem.

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sc32803 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone in the USA has been to their Dept. of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office lately to get a new driver's license or renew a current one. In South Florida there are always huge lines and wait times of 4 or 5 hours. You literally have to take a day off from work to get a license. It's insane. I heard its because of new Homeland Security rules about IDs that make it tougher to get one.

Thought I'd ask if others have been seeing these long waits across the USA or if its just a local problem.

No.

My drivers license expires on my birthday in August (California) and I could not be happier! The only ID I will have will be my passport.

I have driven in over 3 years and don't miss it one fucking bit!
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    When I moved here to Florida in Febuary. I had a 3 hour wait just to transfer my license from Indiana to Florida. When I finally reached the counter, there was a problem with my utility bill (it's under my partners name and mine). So I had to come back. The second time I went back the wait was just under 4 hours.

Some areas like smaller cities may be faster, but I'm in a metro area now.

Just had to get my driver's license renewed before my birthday next month and I got in -- and out -- in 40 minutes, and that included using their notary service for some papers I needed witnessed. However, those needing car plates probably were wishing they'd packed a cooler of food and beverages ... it was a verrry long line.

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. queertimes's Avatar
    Worth the investment for a AAA card is you can go to their offices for most of your DMV needs.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Just had to get my driver's license renewed before my birthday next month and I got in -- and out -- in 40 minutes, and that included using their notary service for some papers I needed witnessed. However, those needing car plates probably were wishing they'd packed a cooler of food and beverages ... it was a verrry long line.
    Is it still a rig in Ohio with privately-operated companies (buddies of the governor, apparently) handling the transactions, some of which do drivers licensing, some of which do tags, some of which do titles, and a few of which do all 3? I always found that to be really strange when I lived there, but I also found that you could go to the out-of-the-way one operated out of a converted house in the middle of nowhere that never seemed to be busy.

I know what you're talking about, but now that you mention it, I have noticed that those little out of the way home/shops are gone. I just figured they moved.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by queertimes View Post
    Worth the investment for a AAA card is you can go to their offices for most of your DMV needs.

Didn't know you can do that at AAA. Will check it out. Thanks!