Thread: Bypass Corrupt Files During Transfer

Bypass Corrupt Files During Transfer

I have been trying to move a bunch of images off of CDs and onto a content hard drive, but everytime I try to batch copy using Windows Explorer, it finds a bad file and just stops the whole copying process.

So... I went hunting and found this sweet gem of a program from Roadkil.net (http://roadkil.net/program.php/P29/Unstoppable%20Copier) that keeps copying your cd, skipping the bad files, and giving you information about number of files skipped, total mb's copied, total files transferred, etc. Quite a few setable options on there as well .... And the bugger is FREE!! I saw quite a few handy webmaster tools at Roadkil's, so check it out.

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Thanks for that one, Bec. Looks awesome.

good find, thanks for the share
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

It looks to do a bunch of other jobs as well:

Recovers files from disks with physical damage. Allows you to copy files from disks with problems such as bad sectors, scratches or that just give errors when reading data. The program will attempt to recover every readable piece of a file and put the pieces together. Using this method most types of files can be made useable even if some parts of the file were not recoverable in the end.

The program can be used as a daily backup system using its batch mode functions. A list of transfers can be saved to a file and then run from the command line to perform the same batch of transfers on a regular basis without having to use the GUI interface. The program supports command line parameters which allow the application to be run from schedulers or scripts so it can be fully integrated into daily server tasks.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    LOL i was just about to hit Google for something similar but figured id search on here first, nice find thanks Bec

Regards,

Lee