Thread: What Feeds Would/Do You Use for Members

What Feeds Would/Do You Use for Members

I'd love to hear some recommendations (negatives on programs are welcome as well) for adding various video feeds into paysites. I'm talking feeds from places like http://WebmasterCentral.com that you pay for monthly.

I'd like to also hear if anyone has positive or negative input regarding the free paysite feeds from Platinum Bucks. It uses a revshare account and gives a 50% payout on upsells.

Professional pervert
    Hi Bec,

Poke around GayGeek (www.gaygeek.com) on sites like Tyler's Room (which has over 160 feeds) and Badpuppy (with more than 100). We now list what feeds are carried by what sites along with a brief description of what users can expect to find inside the feed. The descriptions will give you some idea whether they're any good or not.

(We don't yet have a page that lists every content feed available along with their companies, but that's in the works for a rainy day.)

Alternately, e-mail me directly with any specific questions you have. Two months ago I looked inside over 200 different feeds from over 30 companies for the contend feed revision on GayGeek. I could have written a small book on what I learned about the state of the gay content feed industry.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

Thanks Lawrence! I'll be sure to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by GayGeek View Post
    Hi Bec,

Poke around GayGeek (www.gaygeek.com) on sites like Tyler's Room (which has over 160 feeds) and Badpuppy (with more than 100). We now list what feeds are carried by what sites along with a brief description of what users can expect to find inside the feed. The descriptions will give you some idea whether they're any good or not.

(We don't yet have a page that lists every content feed available along with their companies, but that's in the works for a rainy day.)

Alternately, e-mail me directly with any specific questions you have. Two months ago I looked inside over 200 different feeds from over 30 companies for the contend feed revision on GayGeek. I could have written a small book on what I learned about the state of the gay content feed industry.

--Aaron

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGeek View Post
    I could have written a small book on what I learned about the state of the gay content feed industry.
    A book isnt really needed, we all know that for the most part they suck

I have to admit though, the Webmaster Central feeds always seem to have new (old) content in them anytime i have seen them in a sites members area.

Regards,

Lee

Professional pervert
    Not every content feed sucks. I identified over 300 different content feeds currently available on gay websites. A lot of them suck, but I'd say at least half of them are regularly maintained and updated, even if it's not the best content. And probably 100 of them are actively maintained with good quality content.

The problem with feeds, as I see it, is that webmasters go off-topic and use them in lieu of content. For example, an Asian-themed website might do well offering Boykakke, Gaysian, and a handful of other Asian-themed gay feeds. But if that same webmaster instead carries Gaysian along with a dozen other AEBN feeds (bears, leather, frat boys, etc.), it takes the website off-topic.

I acknowledge I haven't looked into pricing on these matters and it may well be unaffordable for the webmasters, but I am surprised I haven't seen more webmasters trying to stay on topic in terms of the feeds that they offer.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    the guys from adultcentro.com have some pretty nice feeds

Quote Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
    Hadn't seen that one before, thank you for the info!

:high: {and welcome to GWW}

GWW Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
    Those are pretty good!