Thread: rant, about INS, Csi or what ever

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar

rant, about INS, Csi or what ever

Ins or Csi, Homeland security, and the State department

This is a pure rant but it’s a real story. For years I have been sending the white house a letter with my marriage license, a letter from the car insurance company, a car title in his name, asking that I want to sponsor him into the country since he is now married to a US citizen and has legal rights here, and it’s a legal marriage license in Canada and now 22 or 23 other countries. Well I finally got a letter back but not from the white house but CSI the new INS with a case number.
    If you ever called there help line it’s a night mare with endless sub menus. When you finally get throw to someone like I did 30 minutes later the person couldn’t find the case number that was given me in the letter and when you ask to speak to someone else you get hung up on. After three times I made an appointment to go see them, By the way you have to go online to do this.
    What a joke CSI or INS is what a totally waste of a government agency! Now you filled out a form on line, you explained why you where there to the person that give you a number like DMV and then you have to fill out another form to give the waste of a person behind the counter; yes you are seen like DMV you don’t even get called into an office. Once again you have to explain why you are there, in my cases I asked to sponsor my husband, to have a 214B lifter and to complain about a vic counsel. Have you ever gotten a dumb look from someone, well I got one. I gave this person what a waste of a pay check the letter with the case number and herd I can’t find it????????????????? Well she got a dumb look. She said I should fill out the form I-30 to sponsor my wife and I said no he is my husband and I said it so loud everyone could hear it. Once again I got fill out form I-30, I asked even with the defensive marriage act section 3 I can do it, and I got fill out the form i-30?????????????? I then asked about the 214B and was told you have to go to homeland security, and the State department. I asked this is Immigrations right? And the answer was yes but we don’t do visa’s at this office I asked for a supervisor and was told no?????????????? I played out the trump card as loud as I can I said” I am an American citizen you are a federal employee, and I am demanding to speak to a supervisor, I am not a foreigner. I want you to know that everyone within 25 feet of me herd this. Well after waiting 5 minutes not only did I get one supervisor but two and once again I had to explain why I was there. I was told once again about the i-30 and once again I explained I was married to a male, husband and once again I got i-30, I asked help filling out the form and got we can’t because we have to review it, but there web site says we will help you fill it out. Ok ok, so then once again I asked about the 214B and once again I got you need to talk to Homeland security, and the state department. I asked ok where are they I was told we don’t know?????????????????????? Could you find out, no that was the answer you have to do your own research. I said you are a government agency I want the phone numbers and address; you have to do the research. At that time I picked up all my paper work and that form they ask you to fill out how they did, I ripped it up and left it there.
    Off to my senator and they couldn’t really find out where Home land was but they did give me a phone number. I talked to an officer and said we have nothing to do with visa’s you need the state department. Called the state department and it was the same nightmare as with INS, 400 sub menus and tock 30 minutes to finally get to a person and that person hardly could speak English, call back and go throw the whole thing to finally get an answer.
    God the system is so broken! Thanks Bush for breaking a system that was all ready broken and you made it worst!
    So I never got an answer what the case number is, once again I have to fax the white house for help and my Senators and congressman.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Bush didn't really break the system, it has been like that for ages.

There are people who paid $1000 to have expedited document processing (within 14 days) in 2000 when Clinton left office and signed that 214B law. Some, many actually, were still waiting several years ago when I checked. And nobody at immigration could set a timetable.

And then there are the horror stories of actual spouses who get all kinds of abuse and turned back at ports of entry by customs and immigration on grounds of being possible immigration risk when these people are already married to US citizens in their home country

State dept issues the visas, Homeland does the background check I think. INS, or ICE as it is known today, processes the forms, bags the fees, and makes decisions on whether to approve or deny.

If he has to get a visa most likely he'll have to go back to his home country at the local US consulate, and do the interview process there, they're the only ones who stamp visas in passports

Just FYI you can't sponsor a same-sex spouse for immigration due to DOMA