Thread: Browsers Susceptible to Attacks

Browsers Susceptible to Attacks

I've been noticing that I'm getting spam from sites that I only visited briefly... I didn't submit any information whatsoever while there, and yet the emails target me with my full name, city of residence, and of course, they gleaned my email addy somehow.

Then I saw this:

The Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers are susceptible to attacks that allow webmasters to glean highly sensitive information about the people visiting their sites, including their full names, email addresses, location, and even stored passwords, a security researcher says.

In a talk scheduled for next week's Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas, Jeremiah Grossman, CTO of White Hat Security, plans to detail critical weaknesses that are enabled by default in the browsers, which are the four biggest by market share. The vulnerabilities have yet to be purged by the respective browser makers despite months, and in some cases, years of notice.

-----
    I find that disregard for my personal privacy appalling, as those browsers are the way of using the internet for millions of people.

Your thoughts?

it may be that these are not known exploits yet or that they have been discovered "theoretically" but not in practice yet...either way I know I have been getting firefox updates every week for the last 3 weeks so hopefully they will have it fixed up quick, before an exploit is found in the wild!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com