Thread: what's with the outsourcing site...

Scorpio

what's with the outsourcing site...

Haven't posted anything on GFY for a while... but today i've decided to read what was going on over there... and notices all those outsourcing design companies.

This month alone (19 days), i've got 4 clients contacting me after their experiences with some of them. All telling me the problems they had and even showing me what those companies made for them... SUCKY SUCKY! Even my grandma would do better after 2 lessons.

Personally, i don't like most of those companies. The concept is alright i guess, but wouldn't clients preferred to deal with the designers themselves instead of talking to someone who most of the times doesn't know shit about designs.

Plus, a designer for $800 a month, do you really think this designer is going to give the best out of himself for you? for $800 bucks, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day LOL makes me laugh. I know people always want the cheapest stuff, but damn.

adonis69
    Hello there Scorpio. I just can't let this thread go without saying anything at all. You're right, some outsourcing company doesn't deliver and produce good designs but NOT ALL are like that. There are some who just give as much time, effort and good designs like you guys do.Just my 2 cents. & I hope I didn't offend you.

Scorpio
    Hello,
    You didn't offense me at all I was not talking about all them, but most of them. Just from what i heard from clients.
    I remember a few months ago, there was just a few.. but now they're like popping up everywhere. I just have a problem understanding how most of them work, like the $800 a month for a designer.

I'm fine with that, don't get me wrong... clients come to me after trying some of the oursourcing sites so i'm not complaining at all, on the contrary, it's good for me. It's just something i don't get.

I don't know your company at all and never heard anything bad about you so i guess you must be one of the rare good ones

I just wanted to know why so many disapointed clients.
    Steve

adonis69
    the $800 a month is not bad if you're going to based it on their respective locations. I think most outsourcing companies are based in Asia. And $800 is a huge amount when converted to local money. Like In the Philippines, where we are based that's 44.6K. Enough to pay for the salary of 2 designers.Let's just say for 20K, you can hire one of the good designers here since the minimum wage here is just 10K. If you do the Math, it just make sense why outsourcing companies can offer much lower fee than other designers.

Dzinerbear
    Hmmm ... I smell sweat, does anyone else?

Dzinerbear

Scorpio
    Yeah big time LOL