Thread: Blogspot Question

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.

Blogspot Question

When you host an adult blog on Blogspot it's behind a warning page. Does that mean the content in the actual blog does not get indexed by Google and/or other search engines?
    AEBN -Earn 20% referral for life
    Click here to get started

I Blog Naked
    Blogspot adult blogs get shut down at random, so I wouldn't spend too much time working on them.

Put adult blogs on adult blog hosts: either pay for hosting and buy domain names, or check out the free adult hosts and create an account with them. Most all of the free hosts let you add additional site names to your one account, so you can zip thru to any of them from your control panel.

www.adultblogbuilder.com -- I have a bunch of free adult host banners on the far right column. You should check them out.

Yeah.. when I switched over to my own hosting, my traffic dropped about 25% from Blogspot but my sales went up a bit. Sadly, most of the Blogspot blogs have a lot of traffic comprised of people looking for pirated content.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    Yeah.. when I switched over to my own hosting, my traffic dropped about 25% from Blogspot but my sales went up a bit. Sadly, most of the Blogspot blogs have a lot of traffic comprised of people looking for pirated content.
    Hey you... LTNS hows things?

Regards,

Lee

Doing just fine, thanks. My blog is rocking and I love the new job.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post

Why do you think traffic dropped when you moved from Blogspot?
    AEBN -Earn 20% referral for life
    Click here to get started

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyMatt View Post
    Why do you think traffic dropped when you moved from Blogspot?
    I assume it was because there were a lot of other blogspot blogs that linked to mine and were subscribed to my RSS feed there. When I changed hosting, my RSS feed moved. So I was no longer listed on all the Blogspot blogs.

To be honest, I kinda prefer that. I had no control over who appeared on my "following" list and every so often a blog that I didn't like would appear on there.

Now I have total control of who I link to, although that said... it's hard to monitor everything you link to. When someone wants to trade links with me, I do my best to check them out and if I see anything that I don't like, I don't link to them. But there's no way to monitor every update on every blog and there's no way to keep up with every change on every site you link to.

Oh... something to remember... I didn't start my blog. I kind of inherited it.

It was run by an affiliate I'd known since my early days at Bedfellow. He decided that he was tired of doing it and asked if I'd like to take it over.

It became officially mine when it moved to my own hosting. Before that, it was all him or me doing posts as he trained me how to do what he was doing.

So it's possible that the change in focus from celebrities and younger models to the older, rougher guys that I like was the reason. And again... maybe people just don't like me. :jasun:

I am pretty sure the content DOES get indexed for two reasons, first that google naturally follows links to index an entire site, and second that when an adult blog loads in blogspot, the whole index page loads and then the warning gets layered on top of it (which I am sure allows google and other search engines to crawl the content).
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    when an adult blog loads in blogspot, the whole index page loads and then the warning gets layered on top of it (which I am sure allows google and other search engines to crawl the content).
    I didn't know that! Good info to know :broccoli: