Thread: Those Of You Who Went - How Was The Show?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Those Of You Who Went - How Was The Show?

Ive been reading on a few different straight forums that it was pretty much dead and full of non-online adult companies instead of online ones, anybody on GWW that went how would you judge the success of this years Florida show for you and the event organizers?

Regards,

Lee

Camper than a row of tents
    I went and wish I could get those two days of my life back (and the associated expenses).

1. The seminars were dull (Joann Angel was on the panel of almost all of the ones I attended... nice girl but c'mon, they couldn't get more variety in the speakers?). They also scheduled one session about social networking in a tiny conference room that was crammed with people. This should have been held in one of the larger meeting halls that could have accommodated the people much better.

2. The expo hall was all sex toys... held no interest for a blogger like me (although I did see a cool new cock ring). And the Fleshjack people continued to foster their bad rep by having very rude and unfriendly people at their booth.

3. The cabanas at the pool were all straight, although I heard later that Cocky Boys may have had one. No signage or mention of it though that I could see.

4. The session with John Stagliano was a non-stop ass-kissing fest where John and his lawyers took turns singing the praises of each other the entire time. Gag.

5. The .XXX session had a funny video but thanks to a very knowledgeable person in the audience who asked some good questions of the panel (no, not me) the whole .XXX "threat" seems less of a problem. His point was that when open TLD registrations happen, maybe next year (where you can register any extension like .com, .xxx, etc.) this will make the .xxx domain dilemma moot. Not sure if he's right but he had a good point about how the FSC and "industry leaders" have been silent on this topic.

6. The 3D videos session had less than a dozen people in it. I had to laugh when the speaker singled out Dominic Ford (who was in the audience) as one of the "leaders of high quality gay 3D content". Sorry Dom if you read this but obviously the speaker has never seen "Whorey Potter". Ugh.

6. Even the Cybersocket party was a bore... everyone there seemed to be chatting in the same cliques they always do. I thought the point of these things was to meet NEW people? But thanks to Buddy Profits for the free DVD.

Overall the attendance seemed way down and I heard there were many empty hotel rooms. For a gay webmaster like me there really wasn't anything worthwhile. Luckily I got a discount on the registration.

So I guess you can tell I won't be going to the AVN Florida show again!