Thread: Great Places To Live?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

Great Places To Live?

I live in Colorado and someday I want to move near on the ocean. Problem is I have no idea where some good places are. Any ideas? I am looking for something not too crowded and gay friendly places would be great. If you don't live near the ocean and love where you live post it here anyway (pics would be great too). Thanks for your input.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Scorpio
    Hi Mark,
    Haven't heard from you for a long time Hope you're doing ok
    Well there is Dallas, we have like a big Lake with some ducks and stuff. hehee

Please someone helps Mark to find a nice place so i can schedule my next vacation please just kidding.

Figured Florida would be the place, but neve rbeen there so i'n not sure Andymike, Lee and GA may tell you about it

Take care and hit me up sometimes
    Steve

Dawgy
    im in tampa right now, close to a few beaches, etc. and its nice. but i really prefer san diego. key west is supposd to be nice, so it might be worth looking at.

Australia is a great place to live, especially in the Brisbane area. And there are plenty of great beach communities here too! Interested in a long distance move?

cheers,
    Luke

Dawgy
    austrailia is where i go if bush gets elected again

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dawgy
    im in tampa right now, close to a few beaches, etc. and its nice. but i really prefer san diego. key west is supposd to be nice, so it might be worth looking at.
    Dawgy are you living in Tampa? Or just visitin'?

Mark,

This is where Lee and I live...
    http://virtualvolusia.com/Rivocean.html And in this photo the beach is VERY crowded.

Just over the dunes is a beach community... Not a huge gay friendly anything here. We're all here, no one cares who's living with whom unless you're a car thief, a murder or something. We have a 'bad drag' club, dance clubs and pretty much everything else is about living at the beach. The metro areas, like Orlando or Jacksonville, have larger gay communities.

If it's big city and bright lights at the beach, like Miami or Ft Lauderdale or even San Diego, you're looking for this definitely isn't the place LOL This is laid back times 20

Gary-Alan

Dawgy
    well it started as a visit but im living. im renting a room from a friend. dont have my own place yet.

what are the rents like up there? close to or on the beach. like a 2 bedroom. 1500+ sqft type thing.

RainGurl
    san diego is a beautiful place to live, and they have a great glbt community. I miss it every day!

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dawgy
    well it started as a visit but im living. im renting a room from a friend. dont have my own place yet.

what are the rents like up there? close to or on the beach. like a 2 bedroom. 1500+ sqft type thing.
    It depends but in most areas here you can get a two bedroom condo for about $900 ... I rented a house for a year (not the most gorgeous thing but a lot of room) for $850. Of course there are higher prices for bigger spaces, but that's pretty much the norm around here.

G

Dawgy
    wow nice. im looking at probly $2k at least to be near the beach in clearwater. more to be on it. *sigh*

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Thanks for the great replies. I have been to Orlando, Miami, Key West and all those places inbetween. It is alot more open then here in Colorado that is for sure. It is super rare to see guys holding hands here, I saw them everywhere in Florida. I like Florida alot but not sure if there is where I would want to live.

As for Australia I have never been there but definetly want to visit soon. Quite an expensive trip that would be.

I have been to San Diego once but I will have to visit there again. It is really the only city I have been to in California. I loved the town that was all gay, can't remember the name of it but it was alot of nice to see that.

Dawgy I know if Bush gets elected again I am not sure if I will stay here in the US. I definetly agree with you there.

Here in Colorado the prices of housing is insane. It is rare to see any new house for under 200k now. I love going to other cities and seeing signs that say houses from the 80's, . They also usually have a pool and are made a stucco. Here there is very few stucco houses, I am not sure why just more expensive I guess. I like Colorado but I know I don't want to live here forever.

Thanks again for your input everyone.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Dale for 2k you could probably rent a Mc Mansion

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    hmmmm i sense a visit to daytona soon

If you're just wanting ocean and gay friendly, without the tropical temps -- do look at Portland, Maine as another option. Very gay friendly and right on the ocean.

RainGurl
    Mark-
    Hillcrest is the town you're thinking of. Fun place to live and not far from the water.

Bec, do you live in portland? thinking of making a trip this summer, actually.