Thread: the future roll of affiliates

the future roll of affiliates

with all these programs closing down, do you think the roll of affiliates is about to change? if yes, to what?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Personally, i think the role of affiliates has been changing for a few years without them even knowing.

It seems a lot of programs these days consider affiliates as marketing partners, specifically when it comes to branding.

By that what i man is, affiliates get the sites name out there when they are 'fresh' then a year or two down the line, the program closes to open affiliates or starts monetizing their type-in traffic that has been generated by the affiliates branding of the programs paysites.

Of course, with all the PPS programs that have closed down in the last 6 months, this has been taken to the extent that affiliates have branded the programs sites for YEARS in some instances allowing the program to have income for years to come even after they close down.

Personally, i think we're going to see a lot of consolidation of PPS programs over the span of the next 12 months that affiliates have been promoting for years and, with this consolidation, we're going to see a lot more affiliates change to the revshare business model over PPS for the same reason.

Regards,

Lee