Thread: Affiliates Get Content Updates From Some Programs But...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Affiliates Get Content Updates From Some Programs But...

Why dont many (if any) programs send out content updates to surfers?

With the proliferation of 'free' in the industry right now, in order to maintain an edge, shouldnt programs be working on leveraging the other benefits of their sites, like constant updates, immediate access, etc, in the surfers mind to educate them that 'free' isnt always a good thing?

Your thoughts, do you think emailing members with content updates would be a good or a bad feature for paysite owners?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    I think sending out content updates to affiliates and surfers is always a good idea. However, I've got the impression that content updates are something to keep a big secret for many sites.

I'd say that over 50% of the sites I'm dealing with give no update info at all, another 25% offer delayed info or just a one pic. The rest does a fine job. Now guess who's converting best?

Of course there are also sites that don't send updates for a reason, i.e. no updates at all, no regular updates, crappy content, etc.

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    I used to get site update news letters as a surfer to a few sites.
    Every so often I would rejoin the site after seeing a good number of new adds.
    As a sponsor the e-mail to affiliates would have to be different than the one sent to surfers.
    With e-mail list that have opt out available why not?

Camper than a row of tents
    I think one reason might be related to how well a sponsor is doing. Take Chaos Men... he rarely sends out updates but his site seems to be doing very well. I think if he started to see a drastic decline in sales he would suddenly turn to his affiliate network for help. Sometimes when I start getting emails from sponsors I've rarely (if ever) heard from I'll bet its because they must be hurting for business.