Thread: Sharing Advice Based On 'Opinion' Or 'Fact'?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Sharing Advice Based On 'Opinion' Or 'Fact'?

When it comes to other webmasters replying to business related topics on message boards, how much of what is posted do you think is based on that persons opinion, vs how much do you consider is based on fact?

By that i mean, when someone responds with help or advice, do you take their post as their opinion (as in they haven't done it, but its what they have heard) versus factual advice, as in they have done what you need help on and actually have seen the results, one way or the other?

Im guessing a lot of what is posted regular on message boards when it comes to business information by the vast majority of people is actually only their opinion on what will/wont work, especially when you hit some of the other boards like GFY, etc.

Your thoughts, do you think most of what gets posted to others is based on actual facts or knowledge the person making the reply has or do you beleive it is more opinion based?

Also, how do you decide which the case is when it comes to help and advice YOU receive from people posting in threads that you have started?

Regards,

Lee

i thinks its depends on what opinion your are talking

Email: webmasters@digit-idea.com

there's an awful lot of opinion stated as fact. i ask for details, and ask a variety of questions if i want to know whether what i'm reading is fact or opinion, and also take into account the person who's giving the info/advice.

or if all else fails, i try it myself and see how it goes.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    or if all else fails, i try it myself and see how it goes.
    Patti i agree, a lot of webmasters don't want to try things for themselves these days though unfortunately however i can honestly say over the past 10+ years if it hadn't been for taking the initiative to try something for myself, id not know half as much about what makes a surfer spend money as i do now.

Regards,

Lee