Thread: Non Business Question - iTunes On 2 machines?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Non Business Question - iTunes On 2 machines?

Does anyone know if...

A) it is possible to have iTunes installed on 2 different machines and have both installs sync to one iPhone and;

B) How i would go about setting this up if it is possible?

Right now I only seem to be able to sync my iPhone with the install of iTunes that i have on my desktop machine which actually sucks because i have about 2000 songs on my laptop that aren't on the desktop and every time i go to sync, i keep getting asked if i want to delete everything on my iPhone from the sync using the desktop.

I figure this must be possible right? I mean most homes have more than 1 computer these days.

Regards,

Lee

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Good luck with that Lee.
    I can't stand my I-phone and ATTs crappy service more and more by the day.

To answer your question, yes, it is possible. My phone synchs with 3 computers that have the same i-tunes account. I didn't set it up so not sure how it is done but do know that it is possible.

Not really. But you can do home sharing on the libraries and combine them onto one phone.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Jasun,

So if i setup home sharing, i can download a song from one of my accts on the laptop, and another on the desktop and both will show on the iphone?

I asked one of my MacTard friends the other day to explain setting it up, he tried, but it was like he was talking another language to me

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by PUMPaul View Post
    Good luck with that Lee.
    I can't stand my I-phone and ATTs crappy service more and more by the day.

To answer your question, yes, it is possible. My phone syncs with 3 computers that have the same i-tunes account. I didn't set it up so not sure how it is done but do know that it is possible.
    Paul,

I got my phone unlocked, I'm using TMobile as my carrier

Unfortunately, for the time being I'm stuck with AT&T for my Internet service, i swear to god, every 15 minutes I'm having to reboot their shitty system just to work, i cant wait till BrightHouse is able to be installed in the area... I will be throwing a celebration party the very same day i get their RoadRunner service turned on and i can actually do an upload to a server in one go, rather than restarting it 15 times

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Jasun,

So if i setup home sharing, i can download a song from one of my accts on the laptop, and another on the desktop and both will show on the iphone?

I asked one of my MacTard friends the other day to explain setting it up, he tried, but it was like he was talking another language to me

Regards,

Lee
    YEs. if my husband buys a song on his laptop, it will automatically sync with the home computer and then sync with the Apple TV, my laptop and yes... the iPods, iPads and iPhones.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Okay great stuff,thanks Jasun, gonna give this a shot tonight

Regards,

Lee