Thread: Spot The Dying Programs

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. twinkerbell's Avatar

Happy Spot The Dying Programs

It seems that more and more affiliate programs are closing down. Leaving the poor affiliates unpaid.
    Can anyone give tips on how to spot a dying program? It may be helpful for most - they/we can avoid that kind of program as early as possible.

Thanks so much.
    Peace

New Site at TwinkPay - www.DoctorTwink.mobi
    icq# 587-790-275 :bunny:

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    usually missed payments or trouble paying out
    at least to me that's one thing that's sticking out as happening most often trough the years

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    I regularly watch the websites they in their program. Serious sites should give some content update information to their visitors. If they used to do that and the updates become irregular, they stop giving update information at all or the quality of the updates goes down, it's most likely a sure sign that there's something wrong in the state of Denmark.

Hard to tell for sites that don't give update information or promotional content at all. After two bad experiences with such programs in the past months I tend to stay away from smaller programs now. Same goes for programs/sites without update infos and/or promo material. You usually don't get paid for the time you are investing in them.

A good example that should get your alarm bells ringing are sites like those promoted by gaypay. They just sounded too good to last and if you looked at their content right from the start, it was quite obvious from the quality that their sites were just built to shave off customers and affiliates. You either stay away from those programs completely or you play along for a year or so when they are new and still keep paying their affiliates. Just find the right time to jump off the train. But that's an ethical question you have to answer for yourself.

Actually after closely following the programs/websites you are promoting and with some knowledge and experience in your niche(s), you'll get a pretty good feeling if there are some hickups and you need to keep your fingers crossed if the next payment will be arriving or not. However, there are no hundred percent telltale signs and it's always some kind of gamble, especially with smaller programs.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.

Check It Out Europeans Billing Europe!

Anyone with abnormally high PPS payouts or engaged in serious cross selling is a likely target for shutting down right now.

The most interesting aspect to the whole trend is that the affiliate payout is being shut down, but I haven't seen a single site taken off the Web. Anybody seen a program or sites taken down?

BLOG IT!
    How Will You Spend Your 2011 EU Profits? - Webbilling.com

European Direct Debit Billing - Your Only Risk Is More Revenue!