Thread: Question about signing up as an Affiliate

How long have you been gay?

Question about signing up as an Affiliate

Hey guys,

I'm new here and pretty much new to the entire process. couple of questions...

1) When filling out the Signup form as an affiliate, many places ask for "Company Name". What if I don't have a company name or have a company set up? Can I just use my name? What are they looking for here?

2) If a site I like doesn't have "Webmaster" link, does that mean it doesn't offer affiliate program?

3) Is it common or necessary to set up a CCBill account? The costs of using CCBill seems pretty high.

Thanks
    Last edited by WoodRabbit; 09-14-2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: add question

Quote Originally Posted by WoodRabbit View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new here and pretty much new to the entire process. couple of questions...
    First off - Welcome to the forum

1) When filling out the Signup form as an affiliate, many places ask for "Company Name". What if I don't have a company name or have a company set up? Can I just use my name? What are they looking for here?
    Leave it blank or write N/A

2) If a site I like doesn't have "Webmaster" link, does that mean it doesn't offer affiliate program?
    Sometimes you find the webmaster link further into the tour, so do go past the warning page to look for it. It can also be in the menu on the sidebar or uptop so check those areas as well. If you don't come up with one, then it probably doesn't have an affiliate program.

3) Is it common or necessary to set up a CCBill account? The costs of using CCBill seems pretty high.
    You aren't creating a CCBill account that you have to pay for. The sponsor already did that. You just need to enter the information ONCE to create a FREE account that will track ALL of your CCBill Sponsor sites from here on out.

After you have the first account - keep track of that ID number (something like 550278) - NOT the sponsor ID -- and use it everytime you signup for another CCBill Sponsor and have it bring up your information and MERGE that new Sponsor account with the very first one.

Reason to do this: if the sites are under the one account, CCBill adds up ALL the sales for that pay period to reach your minimum payout, and send you your funds. (So you aren't having to reach like say $50 or $100 for EVERY site you promote.) You also can check ALL your sales stats, etc by logging into just one account (that first one).

Thanks
    You're Welcome!!

hi Bec-

Thank you very much!! That was extremely helpful.

Couple of places to get good listing of sponsors and sites and the type of Biller they use:

Who Paid Me?

Pay Directory

Both of these sites have deep taxonomy which will allow you to use their search function to find sites that meet exactly the specs/niche/adtools/payment biller ... etc you're looking for.

Professional pervert
    Here's another one:

http://www.gaygeek.com/affprograms.php

I run this one. It's not perfect, but it's got some information that WhoPaidMe doesn't.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGeek View Post
    Here's another one:

http://www.gaygeek.com/affprograms.php

I run this one. It's not perfect, but it's got some information that WhoPaidMe doesn't.

--Aaron
    Thanks Aaron,

Went to your listing and finally figured out where that strange wire transfer came from!
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Professional pervert
    I'm glad it helped. I created it a while back with the intention of making it a major area of my site (albeit for webmasters), but never quite got around to finishing it up. It's well-developed, but needs some work. And doesn't well take into account past histories of companies of that have switched programs and the like.

All this is on the drawing board for future development though.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

What Bec said