Thread: When will cam sites wake up and smell the coffee?

Camper than a row of tents

When will cam sites wake up and smell the coffee?

I'm amazed that people still pay for live cam sex when they can get it for free on sites like Cam4.com. I think if Cam4 ever did some heavy marketing they'd put most of the pay cam sites out of business. Right now I wonder if the average surfer has ever heard of Cam4... I know I just learned about them last year and I work in this biz!

But the main point of my post is this: click on a model at Video Secrets or any other live cam site and you'll usually see a shirtless guy massaging his cock just out of camera range. The models have this down to a science where they are literally millimeters away from showing any part of an actual penis on screen. You NEVER see dick on the free previews of these sites.

But go to Cam 4 and almost every guy is showing dick, and most of the men are as good looking and built as the "pro" models on the pay sites.

So I guess my humble suggestion to the pay cam sites is to take a look at Cam4 and try to out-do them before they put you out of business. Maybe have your models show their cock every now and then. Or how about lowering your prices to something that the "non-whales" can afford? I'd even suggest an "advertiser supported" business model where you gave away free live cam shows and made money from them by displaying sponsor ads on the page or even as part of the video the way YouTube does.

Of course they won't take any of these suggestions and will continue with a business model that will eventually become extinct.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Flirt 4 Free management doesn't allow the guys to show skin. But I've seen them do it.

There's so many free cam sites out there anymore. To name just a couple there is AdultFriendFinder.com (I go on there, been for a couple years, I've never whipped out my credit card), there's camfrog.com which is an application you install on your computer, and cam4.com.

Just like tube sites which are killing the video markets. There's free cam sites which I tend to believe could start killing the live markets. My question is, how are the free cam sites making it. We have cams. We eat a load of bandwidth. How are these free cam sites making it? I'm sure they're using more bandwidth than the tube sites are (I'd think).