Thread: how about a gallery workshop?

how about a gallery workshop?

i'm always hearing from people on boards who ask me for help or to critique a gallery. i'm sure lots of other people hear from people who need gallery help, too. maybe this board could have a gallery workshop or clinic...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Actually as it happens

Gary and I have spoken about this in the last couple of weeks and, at this moment in time we honestly didnt feel it woul be beneficial to the community overall however, that being said, things are currently in the works to increase not only the amount of community members we have on GWW but also across all of our other community forums and to some extent, this idea is somewhat included in those expansion plans

Eventually there will be some sort of 'weekly workshop' planned but it wont happen this year most likely it will happen in the first quarter of 2005 unless i get my current workload / new idea list completed quicker than i projected

Thats not to say it couldnt happen on the community forum though as a regular 'thread' that everyone participates in.

Regards,

Lee

Pixxxel
    I think a gallery workshop would be fun

I'm new to gallery submitting, and I think if you cross promoted it for newbies, you could get a large attendance (possibly hold it in a chat room?), and it would be a great opportunity to give the newbies some good tips. As it is, many newbies (such as myself) are making the same mistakes, and if they were all shown at the same time how to make a good gallery, it would be very beneficial. Maybe even get a sponsor for the chat room and what not (that way it would be beneficial for the people putting on the workshop).

Anyways, good idea, and I look forward to seeing it in action.

Michael

RainGurl
    think it's a great idea!
    would love to learn more about galleries as it is an area I don't have much experience in.

Chris Alan
    If anyone from the GWW community is willing to help with this project. Maybe we can get something started sooner than next year. PM myself, Gary or Lee if your interested.