Thread: multi language tours/member areas

having fun

multi language tours/member areas

Anyone offering tours and member areas in multiple languages? Am keen to hear about how this has worked, whether it has worked, your approach.

Also what languages? We are planning to start on this shortly as our cms offers the service, but its a bit of work and has some support implications too!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    10 years ago i started the first adult translation company and at the time, the most common languages to translate a site into were, German, French, Japanese, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.

Support is an issue as is 'content' for example, 'German' content is greatly different to American content, on the support side of things, you really need to ensure that you have the capability of getting your support emails handled by someone who can read/write back to the customer in their native tongue.

Billing isnt much of an issue these days, neither is getting the traffic.

If you need any assistance with the actual 'translation' part of the work, feel free to hit me up im still in touch with many of my native translation team from 10 years ago.

Regards,

Lee

having fun
    thank Lee, yes targeting the content is pretty important as the language is very much connected to the culture, I definitely have a much bigger euro audience on analdiscipline and would go with German, Dutch etc on that one, where as other sites seem to attract other nationalities and other languages.

Over the past 2 yrs we have seen an explosion in our spanish latino traffic and brazilian traffic so brazilian portuguese and latin american spanish are top of the list.

Our cms has a translation module built in too, but I am guessing like google translations it may not be accurate in all cases, so I am working out whether at least being 70% okay is better than nothing at all, and then for the marketing critical areas, like tours, join pages, support etc go with full human translations.

cheers

I also offer translations and I have been asked recently for
    German, French, Spanish, Russian

I haven't seen the sites that what we turned in included, but I can say that people are using a lot more languages these days.
    :pinkylove:Sex is like air, you don't notice you need it until you don't have any!:pinkylove:

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children.
    We have had success in Japan using Geo IP to redirect surfers there to our Japanese language tours. We also have had some success translating to French. I'm not sure if it's necessary to translate the member areas as well, since as long as you make the navigation easy I'm sure they can find the photos and videos. It does help to have a person on your staff that can send support emails in the foreign language, though.
    18 exclusive gay sites - 20+ RSS Feeds - Hundreds of FLVs and Embedded Videos
    Top Converting Site StraightRentBoys.com converting 1/150
    www.zBUCKz.com - Let's make you money.

having fun
    Do you ever get support complaints from users who do not want to be geo targeted and set into another language? I get so annoyed with that in Panama, most US/International companies geo target it to Spanish....

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children.
    Do you ever get support complaints from users who do not want to be geo targeted and set into another language? I get so annoyed with that in Panama, most US/International companies geo target it to Spanish....
    No, but I think that is because we include a link for them to go to the English tour if they want English on the Japanese tours.
    18 exclusive gay sites - 20+ RSS Feeds - Hundreds of FLVs and Embedded Videos
    Top Converting Site StraightRentBoys.com converting 1/150
    www.zBUCKz.com - Let's make you money.