Thread: TGP or link list?

iggysick

Blush TGP or link list?

Should I start with tgp or link list?
    How many of you regulary doing gay free sites? Can I get enough of those sites to do daily update on link list?

iggysick
    Noone? :crybaby:

Jasun
    Do you mean should you make a Link list or a TGP or should you start posting to them?

I've got both, and the TGP certainly gets a lot more submissions, but the traffic that is attracted to link lists tends to be a bit more willing to open up their wallets and buy memberships.

Link Lists are easier to do manually, TGPs really require a script to put together.

TGPs are a bit easier to promote, but I'd start by doing a link list first, and then building a TGP for Traffic to trade.

iggysick
    Originally posted by Jasun
    Do you mean should you make a Link list or a TGP or should you start posting to them?

I've got both, and the TGP certainly gets a lot more submissions, but the traffic that is attracted to link lists tends to be a bit more willing to open up their wallets and buy memberships.

Link Lists are easier to do manually, TGPs really require a script to put together.

TGPs are a bit easier to promote, but I'd start by doing a link list first, and then building a TGP for Traffic to trade.
    I have done tgp and free sites submission in almost all niches exept gay.
    Anyway thanks for reply.
    Do you get enough free site submissions to upadete your link list on daily basis?

Jasun
    Not generally... I do it every two or three days,

The only reason I did the link list was really so I could teach myself PHP. I made it about half way through the design process, and then got a big extended gig doing a website for an Artist, and I stopped even promoting it... but I still get submissions, and it's still running in a kinda half-assed kind of way.

the TGP gets TONS of submissions, and the traffic, although not to the level of GayBeef or Cand does just fine.

why not start both? there is a limited number of gay gallery ^ site submitters and it is quite easy to do both!

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know ive never really considered which one i should do and why

Although now i come to think of it in all honesty i wouldnt be starting another tgp or link list anytime soon it takes up to much of my time as it is

But on the plus side, CumSoda does give me a steady traffic base to track what surfers are looking for

Regards,

Lee

Been thinking on this since I'm building both on a regular basis for various clients ... and the more I think about the traffic that each initially sets up, I think I'd build the Link List first and make a few free sites with a couple galleries each and work those around into a nice hub to start out, and then I'd upgrade the initial link list dot com site to include a tgp.

By doing the link list first, you've setup one marketing/traffic avenue that can help a new tgp get on its feet ... if that makes any sense. And Luke is right, there are lots fewer gay link lists and tgps than in the straight market. You'll probably see less traffic than a straight market type site, but the quality of traffic is much better. And if you really want to optimize and filter that traffic, build a link list/tgp site that caters to a specific niche ... such as bear, or mature, or bdsm, etc.

You can use something like auto gallery pro to handle your submissions, or if you just want to promote free hosted galleries that have your id code, and mix it up with galleries you've made for tgp submission, you can grab a script like Ghostdriver that will auto rotate the links and thumbs and give it the look and feel of a submission tgp but without the hassel of having to approve stuff. All you do is update your database every so often to bring in new links.