Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new ways to do blogs

new ways to do blogs

I have noticed that people are branching out on the traditional blog style and are introducing new ways to do blogs, such as including lists of the latest FHG links in a post, or formatting the blog to look more like a TGP. I am thinking of trying out some of these new ways.

Anyone here doing this? If yes, are you getting better results from your blogs?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    bump. I think this is great. I'm sure more would like to learn as well.

Got a url of an example Luke?

Yup, here is one that has a links section featuring new FHGs: http://www.gaysexgay.com/
    and here is one that lists mini-galleries: http://www.cockylatins.com/home.html
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think it is a great idea. We all list a few images. Rather than letting the images link directly to the image or to the site. Why not link it to a FHG, have it open in a new window and let them pick what they want to do??? Thinking out loud here. :crazyeyes: I do really like the idea of it.

I Blog Naked
    This might sound silly to most, but how do you put the photos in a post like that?
    (like the ones on the cocky latins blog)

What'd I get myself into?
    Luke, at first I thought you were talking about something 'special' to do. When I looked at your examples, it's what I've been doing with my blog, unless I missed something you were pointing out. Each post includes a paragraph about the video/pics (something for Google to index), then there are some sample vids or pics, and a couple links to the promotion's site. I prefer the link to be to the FHG or TGP for the scene I'm covering in the post, but that's not always possible (and sometimes I'm feeling too lazy to try and track down the specific link if it's not provided to me).

As to how to add images to the posts, it'll depend on how you are creating them. The content management system I use has a module that allows me to painlessly add images to posts.

I agree with Kirkman, I have been posting blogs like that for a long time now. Most of my clients prefer to have one solid link at the bottom with a call to action to the actual tour, but the other links pic etc hit the fhg/mhg.
    :pinkylove:Sex is like air, you don't notice you need it until you don't have any!:pinkylove:

I've done that as well, put links to the tour in the post itself and then have a "View the Gallery" link at the bottom of the post. But I never kept track of which link type got the best click thru and conversions. Anyone have any hard data on that?

Quote Originally Posted by hotdudesnude View Post
    This might sound silly to most, but how do you put the photos in a post like that?
    (like the ones on the cocky latins blog)
    without a module, I use old style HTML. I set up a table, then copy/paste with the direct picture and thumb links...
    :pinkylove:Sex is like air, you don't notice you need it until you don't have any!:pinkylove:

hrmm...seems I am behind on this one, my bad!!! I have been building the traditional style blog where its a few pics and text per entry.

So do these style blogs work better for sales?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

I Blog Naked
    Thanks Kirkman and Teaser for the tips.

And of course thanks Luke for bringing this up, I too have been just adding a few pics with a link at the bottom of some text, but I think I will give this a try on some of my blogs.

What'd I get myself into?
    I'm not a good person to ask about the effects on sales. I will say that in the last three months more than 20% of the people who visited my blog, clicked through to the sponsor's site. Is that good or bad? I don't know, just my experiences with my mostly Google originated traffic.

Well I think that they must do well. If all my clients are requesting blogs posted in this fashion and re-ordering them that tells me they are working People don't order more without doing well on something

I could be wrong... love this icon have to use it:pigs10:

Consistent re-orders of a particular post format would definately be a good indicator!

:pigs05: hit the MORE for smiles and you'll see a bunch of those delightful piggies!